DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smartcontroller: To buy or not to buy. That is the question.

Have you bought a Smartcontroller?

• Total voters
My 2 cents...I bought the SC bundled with the Zoom. I do like the fast set up but I miss a bigger screen like my iPad mini 4. As far as brightness...it’s ok but in direct sunlight you still need shade. At least now with the option of dual controllers I can use my RC from my M2P with either drone. At the new price of $749 I would not buy the SC, but since mine was bundled I saved $200.

Reactions: Former Member
Now that DJI has released the sdk for the SC, its going to make life alot easier for many people. As someone mentioned, the payment portal might need to be figured out, but this is a step in the right direction for the SC.
Huh? What? When?

Litchi next? Not that I have any particular use for it. But I'd prefer Google Services, actually.

As long as you are "willing to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous firmware."

Shakepeares Hamlet quote in full:

Way back many years ago in a place far far away - White Plains, NY. I was assigned cubicle "2B" To which I added "or not 2B!" Then I added to "A2": "Brutus" And to Cubicle B9, I added "Neglect" I never really did fit in there!

Way back many years ago in a place far far away - White Plains, NY. I was assigned cubicle "2B" To which I added "or not 2B!" Then I added to "A2": "Brutus" And to Cubicle B9, I added "Neglect" I never really did fit in there!
They must have loved you there! That's very funny.

They must have loved you there! That's very funny.

Trying not to name names. There was also the memo saying that beards were not appropriate. But the annual report with the founder was circulated a few weeks later. He had a beard. I xeroxed it with a comment saying "Note the beard!" and posted about 50 copies on the bulletin boards. You could say I was nettlesome.

They politely asked me to retract my ten page letter of resignation saying "you don't want to burn your bridges!" I responded "You are right I don't want to burn them, I want to dynamite them!" That summer they asked if I wanted a summer job!

Trying not to name names. There was also the memo saying that beards were not appropriate. But the annual report with the founder was circulated a few weeks later. He had a beard. I xeroxed it with a comment saying "Note the beard!" and posted about 50 copies on the bulletin boards. You could say I was nettlesome.

They politely asked me to retract my ten page letter of resignation saying "you don't want to burn your bridges!" I responded "You are right I don't want to burn them, I want to dynamite them!" That summer they asked if I wanted a summer job!

Ever see the movie Office Space? He does exactly that. They ask him, "Peter what is it you do around here?" His response, "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care... I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour... Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

Peter got promoted and his 2 best friends got laid off.

Oh, I wonder what cubicle he was in?

Reactions: ff22
I have a Mavic Plat that I purchased the large Crystal Sky for and love it. I just didn't like the mount I had, it put the screen over the controller and just lived with it. Went back and forth with purchasing a Mavic 2 and when I got some money together thought of buying a new gun or Mavic 2. Well I figured what the heck, I purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom w Smart Controller. The extra 450 seemed like a good idea. Well I'm glad I did make the purchase. The controller is really nice. I love the quick activation, power power and up in the air. No cords and with my lanyard mount from GPC and GPC case for my Smart Control and Mavic 2 it's really great. I totally love it and it's definitely worth the money in my OPINION. For me a great option. PS in reference to my Mavic Plat I broke down and purchased Evolution 3D's new version 3 mount for my Crystal Sky, puts the screen above the remote, really nice and I can see the control and don't have my thumbs bumping the back of my CrystalSky.

Peace and Fly Well,
Robert

Reactions: ff22 and AnzacJack
I have a Mavic Plat that I purchased the large Crystal Sky for and love it. I just didn't like the mount I had, it put the screen over the controller and just lived with it. Went back and forth with purchasing a Mavic 2 and when I got some money together thought of buying a new gun or Mavic 2. Well I figured what the heck, I purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom w Smart Controller. The extra 450 seemed like a good idea. Well I'm glad I did make the purchase. The controller is really nice. I love the quick activation, power power and up in the air. No cords and with my lanyard mount from GPC and GPC case for my Smart Control and Mavic 2 it's really great. I totally love it and it's definitely worth the money in my OPINION. For me a great option. PS in reference to my Mavic Plat I broke down and purchased Evolution 3D's new version 3 mount for my Crystal Sky, puts the screen above the remote, really nice and I can see the control and don't have my thumbs bumping the back of my CrystalSky.

Peace and Fly Well,
Robert

It must be nice to have so much extra money to spend! Most pilots dont need an SC plus a CS. But if you got the money to burn, go for it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat