DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smarter DP160

awmac1

Reactions
Hi!

Hoping you guys can help me here. I have the Smatree DP160 travel charger but I’m having some issues with it. I am sure it’s me that’s doing something wrong. I press the small button to turn it on, 4 LEDs come on. I insert the butteries and sometimes they show charging, sometimes not, then the unit turns itself off after a few minutes. Sometimes I am successful by turning the batteries on, again, sometimes not!!

I presume I am not following the correct sequence here and the “manual” supplied is useless! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks ?

Alan

What BearMan said, I also plugin the batteries and turn it on, and have had no issues. I understand the Smatree turns itself off if it is not active for a set number of minutes (edit - 15 seconds). May be your batteries are fully charged?

Edit: also make sure you push the batteries into the charging port all the way down till you hear them click in.
If you still can't get it to charge them, check the health of your batteries. Does this happen with all of your batteries or just one? Bottom line, if the charging station turns itself off, it means it is not charging the batteries. You have to find out why.

One more edit: ensure that the charging station and the batteries are not trying to charge at the same time; charge the Smatree fully first and then charge the batteries. From the manual - "If power station and flight batteries are out of power, when you charge them at the same time, the indicator of the Mavic battery will be on and off occasionally and flight battery is charged discontinuously"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BearMan54
The same thing happened to me. This can be caused by putting the battery in the charger while it's still warm from a fliight. If you put a warm battery on the charger that came with the Air, it won't charge until it cools down. There's circuitry in the battery that does this. One of the leds on the battery blinks three times to indicate that it's too warm to charge. When using the Smatree charger, you have to wait until the battery cools down enough before putting it in the charger. When the battery is warm, it doesn't draw enough current from the Smatree charger to keep it on.

Reactions: Mike Shock
Great...thanks for the tips. I'll give this another go and see. I think it's a combination of hot batteries and possibly charging the Smatree at the same time as using it. Just one more question though, if people are putting the batteries in and THEN starting the Smatree, do none of you insert another (cool) battery whilst another is charging? It seems when I do this, this is where I get issues (sometimes!).

Mine works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde