DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smartphone damaged, flight logs gone?

KeithLa

Reactions
Last week, I irretrievably damaged the Android phone I used for all my DJI Go 4 flights, and hadn't manually synched flight logs to my DJI account since last Oct. Are those unsynced logs gone with the wind? There aren't logs on the microSD in my Mavic, right? And, no way to set DJI Go 4 to automatically synch flight logs to my DJI account? Or, to have them stored on external SD card?

There are two sorts of logs - the text logs on the phone (so those are gone) but there are also .dat files recorded on the mavic internal memory rather than on the SD card.

Somebody who knows better than me posted this link to help?

Thanks for that link. Can the aircraft logs be imported into the Go 4 flight records somehow, I wonder?

The DAT files are in a completely different format, so there is no way to do that. The aircraft DAT files are also rather large and get written over by new logs fairly quickly.

Reactions: KeithLa
Got it. So to prevent this loss in the future, is it necessary to remember to manually synch flight logs after each flight? I.e. no setting for DJI Go 4 to upload flight logs automatically?

Do you back up your smartphone? If you do, your logs may have been backed up as app data.

Last edited:
Got it. So to prevent this loss in the future, is it necessary to remember to manually synch flight logs after each flight? I.e. no setting for DJI Go 4 to upload flight logs automatically?
If you use the Air Data service, the HD Sync app will automatically upload your flights to their web site (if you have internet connection on your phone).

Reactions: KeithLa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB