DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth, cinematic footage

RTBrown55

Reactions
Hi everyone!

Is there a setting on the controller and/or app that allows for smooth flight to get that nice, smooth flowing cinematic footage we often see? I just can not find it if there is. I want to go out and give it a try... I just can not find any setting for that.

There is no one-size-fits-all magic setting. Here are some things you can do:

- Move the sticks slowly and don't turn quickly (practice makes perfect)
- Adjust the stick sensitivity (see more details here)
- Increase the height of the remote controller sticks so they need to be pushed further to make large changes (need some type of 3rd party accessory)
- Fly in Tripod mode
- Use the automated flight modes to allow the Mavic to pilot itself

Thank you so much for that reply! These drones do so much. There's a lot of info out there on them. This group is definitely helpful. I have so much to learn.

Reactions: Point Zero
Hi everyone!

Is there a setting on the controller and/or app that allows for smooth flight to get that nice, smooth flowing cinematic footage we often see? I just can not find it if there is. I want to go out and give it a try... I just can not find any setting for that.
There are many settings you can adjust to improve the drones performance towards cinematic quality.
However, the intelligent flight mode Cinematic mode is DJI's effort to cut to the chase. There are precautions to consider if choose to go this route. Below is one of many videos on the subject.

Reactions: EdDuran
I find if i preplane the flight with Drone Harmony ir gives much smoother changes than i can achieve manually

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine