DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So some cops approached me today...

Does anyone know just how many drone videos are on YouTube? There must be millions... FAA is paying people to just sit and watch videos on YouTube to see if they are breaking any laws? I don't think so... The only thing I've seen is if your making money off your video and your not registered as a commercial pilot. I believe if one person turns them into the FAA then they might do something. It's like police, if someone doesn't say something to them, then they don't know anything....

Total noob when it comes to post filters. How did you apply the tilt shift? Is that a setting I missed in the Mavic, or did you add that in post? Must agree that it makes the mall look like a model set. A couple years back, that was all the rage in TV advertising. Not only did it give it a model appearance, but they also tweaked the frame rate so that everything looked like stop-motion photography. Very cool stuff!

What mall is this? It looks like Wiregrass in the Tampa area, but I'm guessing it's not since I don't see any palm trees...

ETA: Here's one specifically I was thinking about...

Yeah I did it in post. I personally use Power Director to do it. There's a lot of youtube videos out there on how to create the effect. I'd say watch those first and then learn whatever production software you're using. Lucky for me, PD has a tilt shift effect built into it. I just needed to adjust the color.

Just ignore his posts. He thinks everything's illegal. If it were up to him, we'd all be required to wear helmets and safety goggles to fly a drone (or look at one).
Yeah I wasn't going to pay him any mind. It was less than a mile away from me and I was situated on the highest structure around.

Reactions: ceirsik
That's a nice video. Love the colors.

As for video editing, Power Director I my favorite. It's cheap but still powerful. You can do a lot with that program. There's Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier pro. I tried Adobe for a demo and I was completely lost. I got the basics but I'm not into heavy video editing. PowerDirector is amazing even with 4k videos and it's smooth. I highly recommend Power Director.

I'm going proactive - putting an info presentation together for our city council that I'll present in July. Would like them to have facts before they may consider enacting any local drone ordinances.
The police chief also attends city council meetings, so will see what her response/interest is too.
MavicBob - would you mind sharing your presentation (if it is on a computer), I need to do the same thing and if someone else has done the legwork, it will be much easier! If not, I do understand.

The presentation is in PowerPoint format, and I've added notes for each slide; all charts and legislation are referenced on the slides. As you might imagine, the illustrations make it a bit too large to email. The file is too large for this forum's upload feature, but I can send you an access to download it from Dropbox on the web if you'll send your email address to ma at [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78