DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So.. Talked to my statefarm rep today.

jaysrmc

Reactions
He a drone head too but he also said that if they suspect that someone is lying to make a claim to get the new MP, they will need a Police Report if stolen. If it was lost during flight, they will need flight logs. They also are thinking about implementing a policy for drones. The policy would force you to use airdata to see what you were doing..

Don't treat this as what every agent is doing, he said it is likely in the future that they obtain regular insurance like a car but much cheaper of course. Take classes and getting 107 would most likely cause the regular rates to go down. This is just what my agent said so take it with a grain of salt.

They also are thinking about implementing a policy for drones. The policy would force you to use airdata to see what you were doing.
For their sake, they should use some type of log tool that offers more data. And they'll of course need to hire someone that understands how to read the logs. It's a great idea, but maybe not as easy as they think it'll be.

For their sake, they should use some type of log tool that offers more data. And they'll of course need to hire someone that understands how to read the logs. It's a great idea, but maybe not as easy as they think it'll be.

More data than Airdata? You're kidding, right?

More data than Airdata? You're kidding, right?
If you saw the actual data that was available, I'm guessing you would be quite amazed.

If you saw the actual data that was available, I'm guessing you would be quite amazed.

@msinger are you referring to the data on the drone itself? if the drone never comes back like jaysrmc said, then besides losing your mind over it, you also lose that data...

@jaysrmc did they actually sell you a drone policy? I asked state farm a while back and they had nothing available

@msinger are you referring to the data on the drone itself? if the drone never comes back like jaysrmc said, then besides losing your mind over it, you also lose that data...

@jaysrmc did they actually sell you a drone policy? I asked state farm a while back and they had nothing available
Oh yeah, I have Gieco for car and renters insurance but I have a state farm police for all 3 drones, controllers and some camera's. Total is 60 a year. You have to call around to a bunch of different ones and ask for a personal articles policy. Say you would like to add your computer and drone or something like that. It took me a good 10 agents to cover my drones. You just need the original receipt. If you loose or crash it, they will pay out what you paid and then cancel your policy. My guy said once they cancel because they paid out, you can call and get another policy on your new drone but if you put in a claim within the first 3 months they won't renew your policy with the new drone.

Reactions: esta
Oh yeah, I have Gieco for car and renters insurance but I have a state farm police for all 3 drones, controllers and some camera's. Total is 60 a year. You have to call around to a bunch of different ones and ask for a personal articles policy. Say you would like to add your computer and drone or something like that. It took me a good 10 agents to cover my drones. You just need the original receipt. If you loose or crash it, they will pay out what you paid and then cancel your policy. My guy said once they cancel because they paid out, you can call and get another policy on your new drone but if you put in a claim within the first 3 months they won't renew your policy with the new drone.

$60 for the year is an amazing deal man

@msinger are you referring to the data on the drone itself?
No, I'm referring to the data in the TXT flight logs. Airdata doesn't show most of that data. That's why you rarely see people attempting to use Airdata to troubleshoot flight issues or track down lost drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661