DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So the mini 3 no longer has tracking software?

scuba dude

Reactions
Purchased a new mini 3 and while the quickshot functions are great, why is this drone not able to do a 'follow me' tracking like the Mavic 3, or mini 3 Pro? Is there other software available that is reliable for this simple drone? Thanks Mavic community.

Purchased a new mini 3 and while the quickshot functions are great, why is this drone not able to do a 'follow me' tracking like the Mavic 3, or mini 3 Pro? Is there other software available that is reliable for this simple drone? Thanks Mavic community.
I don't know if it's already released for the Mavic Mini 3, but I use the app Litchi for the Mavic Mini 1 and works very well. Just pay close attention for your surroundings when setting it up.

Its a DJI thing. They want you to upgrade to a drone with obstacle sensors to allow you to use subject tracking.

Tracking requires obstacle avoidance to be worthwhile.

Keep in mind DJI makes these decisions based on their entire market, not a customer here and there that could use tracking in restricted circumstances where there are no obstacles (tracking a dirt bike in the desert).

Way too many people would be crashing, head-on, with Active Track and no OA. And many of these total noob customers would expect a drone not to crash with a supported feature.

Imagine the support calls. What a nightmare.

Way too many people would be crashing, head-on, with Active Track and no OA. And many of these total noob customers would expect a drone not to crash with a supported feature.

Even with the Mini 3 Pro, as it lacks side OA, I’m not too hot to use the automated features.

To be honest, I’d rather have side OA than front… I can see what’s in front LOL… the one time I crashed my Mini 2 the first week I had it, it was tracking sideways into a tree that was taller that I realized…. And most of my shots are side tracking shots….

Tracking requires obstacle avoidance to be worthwhile.

Keep in mind DJI makes these decisions based on their entire market, not a customer here and there that could use tracking in restricted circumstances where there are no obstacles (tracking a dirt bike in the desert).

Imagine the support calls. What a night

Thanks All, Yes I mean for Mini 3 (not Mini 3 Pro which does have OA). I was hoping something like Litchi was out of Beta testing for IOS. That, or any other 'user beware' software - with the knowledge that no OA capabilities makes for noobie errors.

The mini 3 (not the pro) technically has the ability but it's not enabled for the reasons mentioned above. You do get a hint of it's ability when using quickshots and you see the green "tracking" box appear.

Dronelink? Or should I just bite the bullet and shell out for the Pro which does these things (and more) but an IOS version is still not out yet...

Dronelink? Or should I just bite the bullet and shell out for the Pro which does these things (and more) but an IOS version is still not out yet...
If you have the money, go for the Pro. The sensors are a big plus for subject tracking. The iOS version will come soon enough (and the controller have a screen, so it won't be a hassle).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13