DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So when is the new app update coming?

YES, they are indeed laws. Prime Minister Retartrudeau has permitted the Minister of Transportation Marc Garneau to make INTERIM laws respecting drones. These interim LAWS are in place until new laws are in place sometime in June of this year the Transport Minister said.

Even though these "laws" have not passed through the proper legislative channels, they are considered to be LAW because the Prime Minister has permitted it.

If anyone thinks that by living in Canada they are living in a Democracy, they are sadly mistaken.

Bud
Lame. I gotta stop procrastinating on getting my SFOC.

The delay is probably something to do with "WTF have we done... we didn't expect this backlash... quick, where's our lawyers, maybe what we are proposing is not legal afterall?!..."
Yes I'm waiting to see before I buy the goggles,as I don't want a useless drone that already cost me $1300 to be 1750! DJI should not force this on customers and allow us to fly responsibility. If we don't we pay ! They don't limit cars to 50mph exc!

Updated today, apart from the login and the add-on of Spark, it all works as it did before, I am inside some Class D airspace and I get the same warning as before.

Reactions: mfc
This morning also DJI GO4 wanted the update. Closed down the app and started Litchi app and worked fine. But guess will also have to submit and update.

Don't worry about the update. Just ignore any requests to update while you're away.
If you want to update, wait until you arrive back home when you'll have time to sort any anomalies out.

Yep, leaving today on 2 week remote Simpson Desert trip, no way I'm letting any possible update ruin the drive ops.
Besides fact after next fly I'll be out of mobile / internet range, the phone will be in aeroplane mode until I'm back in town.
I checked yesterday Saturday) arvo, no update then so can wait.

I have a Galaxy Tab 3, Android 4.4.2 version. I downloaded DJI GO4, and it won't even open. Just pops up as DJI GO4 has closed. My Samsung S8 Plus works fine using DJI GO4. Is it the update or my Tablet the problem?

Is there anyways to downgrade the iOS app? My iPhone magically updated some how, but my iPad is still the previous version. I'm wondering if it can be done. Any advice much appreciated!!

Just did some flights with no issues after the registration. Operations were just as before. Vancouver B.C.

RPM

Did the update and logged in. No difference - including the constant android app crashing. Flew 3 batteries with Litchi and not a single app crash. Can't even make it 5 minutes in go4 (new or old version) without it freezing and then just shutting down. If Litchi ever gets tripod mode, I'll likely never open go4 again. Litchi developers figured it out- why can't DJI???? Sorry for venting.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Did the update and logged in. No difference - including the constant android app crashing. Flew 3 batteries with Litchi and not a single app crash. Can't even make it 5 minutes in go4 (new or old version) without it freezing and then just shutting down. If Litchi ever gets tripod mode, I'll likely never open go4 again. Litchi developers figured it out- why can't DJI???? Sorry for venting.
Understand the venting. The Android situation is frustrating. I literally bought an iPad Mini 4 solely for using with my Mavic. Nothing else.

Anyway - speaking of tripod mode... I used this recently for the first time and it's a fantastic flight mode for certain situations. I was using it to land in a pretty tight spot and it worked beautifully. I've also used it for flying through the woods with some rogue low hanging branches.

Im on .007 and 4.1.0 but it never ask me to log in again in my dji account.

I turned off updates for DJI app, got notification that the new update is here. Among the changes, is the addition of Spark. Which means I'll have no choice but to upgrade :/ Clever.
Why do you want a Spark if you already have a Mavic?

Spark is a cool party trick, Mavic is for serious flying.
Okay, but Mavic is literally the coolest party trick ever :) People freak out when they see all the stuff it can do, and how clear the picture is, and all the techy stuff...

Okay, but Mavic is literally the coolest party trick ever :) People freak out when they see all the stuff it can do, and how clear the picture is, and all the techy stuff...
Definitely, but not as portable. I can carry the Spark on me everyday for spur of the moment drone shots. Mavic requires an additional dedicated bag.

Definitely, but not as portable. I can carry the Spark on me everyday for spur of the moment drone shots. Mavic requires an additional dedicated bag.

The spark will be the coolest drone party trick, and will fascinate people as much as a Mavic. It has many of the same functions and can rth do 30mph etc and the cool factor will be gesture control.

Agreed my mav will be my main Ac but a spark in the boot will be fun time with kids and friends in back gardens for bbq fun time.

I thought given that the Spark doesn't fold up, it wasn't that much smaller than the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax