DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Soaring into the Sunrise with the DJI Mavic 3

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Day dawns late in the high latitudes of North America come winter, and when conditions hit that illusive goldilocks zone of atmospheric circumstance, the sky comes alive with the flaring glory of a burning bright sunrise. This video services as a test of the DJI Mavic 3's large Micro 4/3 camera. It was edited in Adobe Premiere, and I'm impressed by how easy it was to bring back dark and bright areas of this extremely high contrast footage.

lovely video and I love the atmospherics and I was good with the wisps of fog but what about flying over the cloud/fog? Don't get this wrong it was way cool but the FAA rule says to stay 250 below the base of clouds...

Does staying 250 away from the top of a cloud count? This would take more bravery than I have, so it's pretty cool but I was just wondering if I'm missing anything.
I hope to get a 3 in the spring...

lovely video and I love the atmospherics and I was good with the wisps of fog but what about flying over the cloud/fog? Don't get this wrong it was way cool but the FAA rule says to stay 250 below the base of clouds...

Does staying 250 away from the top of a cloud count? This would take more bravery than I have, so it's pretty cool but I was just wondering if I'm missing anything.
I hope to get a 3 in the spring...
Most of the clouds I was flying around in the video were thin enough to see the drone through from the ground (they were very close to ground level). The takeoff/landing location was actually free of clouds aside from those barely visible wisps. In fact, from ground level the sunrise wasn't that interesting - the colors were only visible when the drone was level with or about the level of the mist.

Very nice!

Day dawns late in the high latitudes of North America come winter, and when conditions hit that illusive goldilocks zone of atmospheric circumstance, the sky comes alive with the flaring glory of a burning bright sunrise. This video services as a test of the DJI Mavic 3's large Micro 4/3 camera. It was edited in Adobe Premiere, and I'm impressed by how easy it was to bring back dark and bright areas of this extremely high contrast footage.
Very nicely done. You're a great testimonial for Adobe Premiere. And you get extra points for being out there for the sunrise. Most folks are more likely to shoot near the golden hours of sunset. How far north are you?

The Mavic 3 green dot shows up several times. I'm accustomed to seeing reflections and artifacts on other drones and one SLR cameras, but I don't recall seeing such a distinct circular pattern. I don't find it as disturbing as some. Things like that happen when you point a lens at the sun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3