DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Social distancing

Mavic Carl

Reactions
Hi all dji lovers what's the law regarding going out with our drones. UK government says only go out to exercise so does this mean we can also take our birds and spread there wings and exercise them and our minds.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi all dji lovers what's the law regarding going out with our drones. UK government says only go out to exercise so does this mean we can also take our birds and spread there wings and exercise them and our minds.
afraid not classed as essential travel, i even spoke to my local LEO and it is not allowed,

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Hi Carl - I have just traded all of my Phantom kit for a Mavic Mini for that precise reason - if I have the mini in my daypack then I can take advantage of opportunity on my daily walk - whereas carting a hard case full of phantom gear would look a bit intentional ;)
Also the reason I'm now on MavicPilots instead of PhantomPilots

Hi Carl - I have just traded all of my Phantom kit for a Mavic Mini for that precise reason - if I have the mini in my daypack then I can take advantage of opportunity on my daily walk - whereas carting a hard case full of phantom gear would look a bit intentional ;)
thats fine if you can walk and fly legally close to your home and live in a rural area but not in a city environment ,

Reactions: JTLuney
thats fine if you can walk and fly legally close to your home and live in a rural area but not in a city environment ,

Well that's true enough, and I wholeheartedly agree with you, although I would never fly in a city environment as it would be incredibly difficult to avoid built up areas by 150m as per CAA regs. I am lucky enough to live in a rural area and I mistakenly assume that it is these areas people (and the OP) are discussing on forums such as this.

I couldn't trade my phantom 4 pro or my other dji drones I can't see what harm would be caused if you was out on your own with nobody around. I also have the mavic air mavic pro 2 zoom mavic pro alpine white and the mavic platinum and the phantom 3 advanced. Its ashame there stuck in there boxes I wounder if we could get some of our £9 registration back lol.

we are all going through a difficult time right now,and i was not having a go at you ,i wish i lived next to a large tract of open land and was able to fly when the weather allowed

we are all going through a difficult time right now,and i was not having a go at you ,i wish i lived next to a large tract of open land and was able to fly when the weather allowed
That's fine will just have to wait till these difficult times are over. And also a big thank you to our NHS and key workers who all work round the clock.

@Mavic Carl hi Carl, i agree with you i would just like to go a short distance from home and fly there are many places where i live for such a trip and i would be in the fresh air and on my own
that is what i said to the LEO when i enquired about flying my drones ,it seems that its more about the journey being done than any other reason
they say that if an accident was to happen while you were out, then you would be putting others in danger, and taking resources away from emergency services fighting the virus

@Mavic Carl hi Carl, i agree with you i would just like to go a short distance from home and fly there are many places where i live for such a trip and i would be in the fresh air and on my own
that is what i said to the LEO when i enquired about flying my drones ,it seems that its more about the journey being done than any other reason
they say that if an accident was to happen while you were out, then you would be putting others in danger, and taking resources away from emergency services fighting the virus
Totally understand I didn't see it in that way but it's best to see it from all angles.

FWIW - and i said this elsewhere - You can probably fly from your backyard , balcony , front lawn , open window at Sunrise when there is nobdy about to annoy - well not tht I've noticed and I fly mine off my balcony at sunrise . I imagine I may be potentially breaching some reg somewhere but there is nobody in front of me - just the cliff top before the beach so I am lucky. Flying at any other time of the day I suspect you will have people around ...

Reactions: JTLuney
I miss the sea - we moved up into the country about 4 years ago after living by the sea all my life, which wasn't an issue as we could travel to the sea when we wanted - until lockdown

Well that's true enough, and I wholeheartedly agree with you, although I would never fly in a city environment as it would be incredibly difficult to avoid built up areas by 150m as per CAA regs. I am lucky enough to live in a rural area and I mistakenly assume that it is these areas people (and the OP) are discussing on forums such as this.
I live just outside the downtown area of a small city. This morning, I walked about 1/4 mile to a park and flew and did not vote in close contact wit anyone. People are permitted to go out and walk and ride their bikes so why can't we fly? You just need to use some common sense.

Here in California, our county doesn't consider flying a drone as a necessity similar to exercise. Locally there is a park that has always allowed RC activities. Kind of silly IMO that people can use the park to walk or bike at, and people are driving to the park just to enjoy it, but fliers by themselves and away from everybody have been asked to leave as it violates the stay at home order.

Here in California, our county doesn't consider flying a drone as a necessity similar to exercise. Locally there is a park that has always allowed RC activities. Kind of silly IMO that people can use the park to walk or bike at, and people are driving to the park just to enjoy it, but fliers by themselves and away from everybody have been asked to leave as it violates the stay at home order.
Hi it don't make sense really it's OK for one but not the other. I miss getting my birds out and it's a shame our license is going to waste it will be renewed in November and that's not far away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa