DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

software that runs on Mac for processing map mission photos into 3D model?

dmwfotos

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My M3E just arrived and I want to do some testing with 3D mapping. Also received the RTK module but will wait till first tests are complete before figuring out how to use it for greater accuracy.

I us Mac computer so apparently the DJI Terra app isn't available. Any other app available without having to pay subscription fees?

I use Open Drone Map on Mac, as well as Pix4DMatic. Pix4DMapper is only for Windows, but Matic is better IME. ODM has some limits as well on project size, and has a bit of learning curve. I use Matic for work, it can handle over 2000 photos but the perpetual license is not cheap. ODM has an unlock fee of $50 bucks (if I remember correctly), best value if you're just seeing what you can do.

You could also try cloud based services. I used DroneDeploy for several years but I don't like their pricing model, and they aren't very helpful at the basic tier level. I've tried Maps Made Easy and they are inexpensive, using a credit system, but their 3D models came back very 'Cronenberg' lol.

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu