DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solder problem

ThistleHope

Reactions
Hello,

Unfortunatly, my mavic air 2 crashed and has a broken rear axis now. I want to replace it, but I cannot break the solder. Is this some special stuff? My own solder (lead free) melts like butter, my soldering iron is now at 360 degree celsius (can go higher) but I am careful, since I obviously do not want to damage the board.

The iron normally works, so I am confused. What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards!

Can you provide any pictures? What is a "rear axis" (could be a translation problem)?
I suspect whatever you are trying (de) solder is connected to something that is acting like a giant heat sink (maybe a lot of mass), but don't know for sure without more info.

Hello,

Unfortunatly, my mavic air 2 crashed and has a broken rear axis now. I want to replace it, but I cannot break the solder. Is this some special stuff? My own solder (lead free) melts like butter, my soldering iron is now at 360 degree celsius (can go higher) but I am careful, since I obviously do not want to damage the board.

The iron normally works, so I am confused. What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards!
Yepp they need higher temps. I've been using 450C and it's still hard sometimes. (on an air2)
Somtimes you can help the heat transfer with adding a small amount of 'normal' solder.

The soldering points in the batteries are even worse.

Usually its better to use higher temp, in shorter time. So pump it up :)

Hello and thanks for the answers. I managed to desolder with one of my small flat soldering tips at 350 degree celsius and (most important) an itsy bitsy normal solder on it. Was ... interesting to de and solder but the drone flies again.

Happy. Thanks. :)

Reactions: MA2 317
On a M2Pro , I desoldered the wires from the front left leg from the main board, but I was using an industrial soldering gun, where the temp reaches it's max in 10 seconds. Not sure how hot those industrial guns get, but it desoldered all the cables immediately. Then I attached the new leg and resoldered the wires. Everything went well. I am making the assumption you are talking about desoldering the leg wires from the main board. Is that correct?

Yes, I de-and resoldered the leg wires. My iron goes up to 800 degree celsius rather fast, but i wanted to be careful. The flat tip with solder and 350 degree did the trick immediatly. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag