DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solution to blurring in the turns?

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi

Having an issue where on some flights i get blurring in turns. My turns are quite slow, but obviously some of them are not slow enough. However i am seeing several different opinions on how to resolve blurring including.

Slower turns(definitely helps and i appreciate thats all down to me).
Lower Resolution and increased frame rate.
Increased Shutter Speed.
Using ND Filters.
A combination of some or all of the things above.

I fly 4k 30fps and have done so since having a Phantom 3 pro and the original Mavic Pro and really didn't have any of the blurring i sometimes get with the AIR 2S. So apart from slower turns whats everyone's advice?

Much appreciated.

Using an ND filter will increase the blur.

To compensate for the loss in light reaching the sensor, you'll have to reduce the shutter speed (or increase the ISO).

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Usually the problem is NOT having blurring, hence the need for ND filters To create realistic blurred look. A fast shutter speed should give you jerky jumps between frames If you move too fast. Using an ND filter to obtain a shutter speed roughly 2x the FPS is used to get the blur we are used to seeing with our eyes in real life. Without knowing the actual frame rate and shutter speed you’re using and a post of an example it’s hard to answer the question because there is something of a disconnect between what most folks experience and what you are asking…or so it seems to me.

Reactions: mavictk and kidroc
Hi

Having an issue where on some flights i get blurring in turns. My turns are quite slow, but obviously some of them are not slow enough. However i am seeing several different opinions on how to resolve blurring including.

Slower turns(definitely helps and i appreciate thats all down to me).
Lower Resolution and increased frame rate.
Increased Shutter Speed.
Using ND Filters.
A combination of some or all of the things above.

I fly 4k 30fps and have done so since having a Phantom 3 pro and the original Mavic Pro and really didn't have any of the blurring i sometimes get with the AIR 2S. So apart from slower turns whats everyone's advice?

Much appreciated.

Drink more water I've heard from Pilots

Reactions: akdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13