DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLVED, I think. Some logs csv's are 'incorrectly' displayed in Microsoft Office excel, any idea how to fix them

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
When excel opens them all the entries in any given line appear in the first cell of that line and are shown with a comma in between each entry.
The logs are displayed correctly in works, so the information appears to be there and correct.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
In some cases I do not have the original .txt to recreate the csv from scratch.

Last edited:
When excel opens them all the entries in any given line appear in the first cell of that line and are shown with a comma in between each entry.
CSV stands for "Comma Separated Values". However, in Europe "decimal commas" are used in numbers making them unsuitable for separating columns. Your regional settings might be configured to use semi-colons as separators instead of commas. You have a few options to open a true comma-separated file.

In Excel, you can go to the Data tab and use either the "From Text/CSV" option to open the file while specifying the delimiter to use or the "Text to Columns" option to split the first column on commas (or any delimiter of your choice).

Capture.PNG

Thanks ! 😍
"Text to Columns " seems to be want to 'run' line by line which would be impractical. Am I mistaken?
"From Text" and choosing the csv might be working or I have blundered in some way and it is fixing the problem. Lol

Thanks ! 😍
"Text to Columns " seems to be want to 'run' line by line which would be impractical. Am I mistaken?
"From Text" and choosing the csv might be working or I have blundered in some way and it is fixing the problem. Lol
You select the first column, the one containing all of your data. Then select “Text to Columns” and set the appropriate delimiter. When you select “Finish” the entire file should be converted.

You select the first column, the one containing all of your data. Then select “Text to Columns” and set the appropriate delimiter. When you select “Finish” the entire file should be converted.
Naaaaaahhhh, that's much too sensible a way to do it. Sassin Frassin 'Richard' Dastardly,
I will give it a play in the morning, many thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851