Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

[SOLVED] Uncommon Abnormal Gimbal Vibration

gkltd

Reaction score
Hello,

Two weeks ago I flew my Mavic Pro next to a railway track. When it took off, it started doing some unexpected movements, I literally couldn't even control it.
My remote controller showed up: magnetic interference, I tried to bring it down but unfortunately I couldn't, so it crashed from 2 meters high approximately.

I checked the drone but apparently nothing was broken, there was just a strange new noise that seemed to be coming from the camera engines every time I turned on the drone or turned it off.
I left the area and tried to fly again. When it was flying, the gimbal started moving around crazy (like if it wasn't stabilized) and my DJI GO app showed up: Gimbal Abnormal Vibration so I took it down again.

A couple of days ago I did some research in Google (so I found this forum and other ones) regarding my problem: Abnormal Gimbal Vibration. All the forums I've read about the problem came to the same conclusion,
they say the problem comes from:

a) Rubber Bands broken.
b) The rear of the gimbal support frame is "hooked" up the black plastic L-bracket.

Sadly neither of that is my case, the rubbers appear to be ok besides of the gimbal is hooked under the black plastic. The day it crashed I was flying my Mavic Pro with the latest DJI Firmware, DJI Go app, NFZ...
I've done IMU calibration, Gimbal Calibration, Camera Calibration in DJI Assistant but nothing changed...

ALSO, a day ago I did a teardown of my drone and I disassembled the gimbal part to check if something was wrong, however apparently is OK (photos attached).

I think the problem comes from the camera engines (due strange sound when panning), the gimbal anti-vibration plate seems to be ok.
Check this footage recorded some days ago:

1.- Does it do it on a table when the Mavic is turned on but the motors are off? When it's turned off no, but when the motors start and I pan the camera from top to bottom, the gimbal starts moving crazy doing the strange sound.
2.- Are you flying a Pro with Platinum props? No, original ones.
3.- Damaged props? No.
4.- Any modification? No.
5.- What device are you using? iPhone 8.
6. DJI Care? No.

Thank you in advance for your help, I really hope it gets solved soon to fly again..

SOLVED!
You probably have a damaged gimbal motor assembly.
Replaced Gimbal Motor Assembly by a new one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Thunderdrones

Drone Repair Pro
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
You probably have a damaged gimbal motor assembly.

Reactions: gkltd

Thunderdrones

Drone Repair Pro
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
You can try that one, but dont use the ribbon cable it comes with. it's trash.

Reactions: gkltd

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megazlar