DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some advice please…

With around 420 hours of flight time (around 1500 flights) I'm pretty sure I caused dozens of police calls, if not a hundred or more.

I know because my drone also appeared on local FB groups several times (at night the Air2S could be seen from more than 2.5Km).

With around 420 hours of flight time (around 1500 flights) I'm pretty sure I caused dozens of police calls, if not a hundred or more.

I know because my drone also appeared on local FB groups several times (at night the Air2S could be seen from more than 2.5Km).

It's Spain . . . surprised if it wasn't a thousand or more calls to police.
People there seem really anti drone, probably among the worst cases of public paranoia I've noticed.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
Doing his job would be telling Karen I was allowed to fly and not threatening me or saying he would shoot my drone down himself. I didn't tell the whole conversation. Believe me, he's lucky I didn't take things further.
Just maybe he did go back and advise Karen accordingly. A little bit of your ignorance showing too?

Tonight, my wife alerted me to a thread on a community Facebook Group for my local village moaning about somebody using a drone.
After looking through the thread I was shocked at the ignorance of some people, it ranged from some people thinking they own the air space above their house, anyone with a drone is obviously spying/filming them to one person actually thinking a shotgun is the answer lol.
They think it is reasonable to seek permission before flying over their property!
Let me be clear, I have an operator ID and a flyer ID and I’m 100% flying in accordance to the CAA Drone Regulations. I only fly sub 250 in the UK. I mostly fly above the highest tree which is 35 meters high. A lot of the land around me is private, so I’ve been practising flying from my back garden with my new toy getting used to the new functions like POI and spotlight.
Initially, I was going to reply to the thread, but I know it will probably just end up causing more harm than good.
If you was in my shoes, what would you do? It’s causing quite a stir…
They complained about the horseless carriage as well. 😀
Regards

Tonight, my wife alerted me to a thread on a community Facebook Group for my local village moaning about somebody using a drone.
After looking through the thread I was shocked at the ignorance of some people, it ranged from some people thinking they own the air space above their house, anyone with a drone is obviously spying/filming them to one person actually thinking a shotgun is the answer lol.
They think it is reasonable to seek permission before flying over their property!
Let me be clear, I have an operator ID and a flyer ID and I’m 100% flying in accordance to the CAA Drone Regulations. I only fly sub 250 in the UK. I mostly fly above the highest tree which is 35 meters high. A lot of the land around me is private, so I’ve been practising flying from my back garden with my new toy getting used to the new functions like POI and spotlight.
Initially, I was going to reply to the thread, but I know it will probably just end up causing more harm than good.
If you was in my shoes, what would you do? It’s causing quite a stir…
I see the same inane panic on Nextdoor too.

Reactions: Gagey52 and Hermey
And....this is where you use AirData to show them where YOU HAVE NOT BEEN.
Until reading this thread I did not see a need to be able to recover AirData. But now I believe I need to be prepared to do so. How do I go about recovering flight logs with Mini 2?
I would think that if my mini 2 was up more than 150 feet it would not even be seen or heard ?
I also prefer oblique shots most of the time and that angle seems to produce better videos in most cases.
I really prefer to fly at higher altitudes anyway to get a broad perspective of the view of the terrain I see no reason to fly in tight spaces closer to the ground. Or fly over homes at lower altitudes. But. I see a lot of examples of such flights on YouTube.

Since no drone pilot can show anyone AirData info on the spot, the comment about AirData to show where you haven't been, I think more applies to someone a drone pilot might be in such a tussle with, that there is continuing discussion going on after flight day.

Now it's our own decision if we want to allow ourselves to be dragged into such contention. Because no one has the right to put any of us on the defensive to that extent to "prove you didn't do X". Yet, a drone pilot might want to smooth things over and help boost the public's faith in our good will, by doing that.

I dont use FB at all ,but Thursday my Daughter said Who lives at number 8 dad because there is a post on here

saying they have a dog that never stops Barking,and they going to tell the council.
I walked up the street from number 14 to number 8 and they dont have a dog .
Only 31 houses in my street and only five dogs 6 if daughters staying and none of these dogs are any trouble

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44