DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some GPS Observations

bkushner

Reactions
Well after a weekend of flying I've figured one thing about about my M3 and RC Pro...If I have the RC Pro connected to my phone hotspot with Wifi I can acquire Sat Lock around 2 minutes. If RC Pro has no internet it takes 4-5 minutes...Here is wrench in the program, I'm new to the RC Pro. About 3 weeks. Prior I used the Stock controller with an Android phone that had cell service and it didn't speed my sat locks.

It is hard to figure out the right combo. My RC Pro's sit unused in favor of the standard controller with cellular activated tablet. Today, had a five minute time to first fix and it annoyed the heck out of me. DJI still has work to do. I 1000% believe it can and will be fixed but the slow delivery from DJI to resolve is concerning.

There is anew FW coming out that will address the GPS concerns but might come with an Anti-Roll back feature so you will not be able to downgrade again.
I believe you . . . can you expound on this any further? Timeline?

I have no idea in regards to timeline unfortunately.
Thank you Suren . . . after my last visit to the DJI forum and the disrespectful normality of it all (not to mention the un-throttled threats going unchecked). . . I can't risk my sanity (over there) anymore 😞. I'll get my info directly from you sir ;).

There is anew FW coming out that will address the GPS concerns but might come with an Anti-Roll back feature so you will not be able to downgrade again.
Isn't the .600 FW already anti-rollback?

Nope, with the 0600 you can still roll back to 0400 FW.
I had thought 0600 was already anti-rollback, so upgrading to the FW that fixes the GNSS issues that is anti-rollback is a no brainer! However, I wonder if it also prevents the use of the Drone Hacks parameter mods, which I was considering using to turn off the forced Auto-Land at 10% battery, for more control while landing below 10%.

I had thought 0600 was already anti-rollback, so upgrading to the FW that fixes the GNSS issues that is anti-rollback is a no brainer! However, I wonder if it also prevents the use of the Drone Hacks parameter mods, which I was considering using to turn off the forced Auto-Land at 10% battery, for more control while landing below 10%.
Currently DH only gives the free parameter adjustments and no FCC to the drone as yet, Dji could be adding a block on this or the anti-rollback is because of the new FW that is going to be installed onto the gps module. This is what i am busy with now lol

1649142287460.png

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Currently DH only gives the free parameter adjustments and no FCC to the drone as yet, Dji could be adding a block on this or the anti-rollback is because of the new FW that is going to be installed onto the gps module. This is what i am busy with now lol

View attachment 146269
So the free DH parameter mods still work on the beta you are testing, if you are allowed to say?

So the free DH parameter mods still work on the beta you are testing, if you are allowed to say?
The only parameters i played with so far was accent and decent speed and it stayed on the 0601 FW i tested. Now i am trying to factory reset the drone back to 0100 but failing so far, something seems to be blocking it from going back to 100, i can get as far back as 300 FW only.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
When you say there is a new firmware to address GPS concerns...... do you mean solve the GPS problems? Or as I suspect, just improve them a bit?

Well after a weekend of flying I've figured one thing about about my M3 and RC Pro...If I have the RC Pro connected to my phone hotspot with Wifi I can acquire Sat Lock around 2 minutes. If RC Pro has no internet it takes 4-5 minutes...Here is wrench in the program, I'm new to the RC Pro. About 3 weeks. Prior I used the Stock controller with an Android phone that had cell service and it didn't speed my sat locks.
DJI Support on the official forum has given that advice several times to folks. The M3 can apparently get satellite lookup tables from the internet which can speed acquisition. I am not sure why it doesn't seem to help when using the stock controller. I have previously tested with my iPhone and found that it made no difference, even though the DJI lackeys have said a couple times that it should.

For this to work, you probably need your tablet or phone with a built in compas connected to the internet. It could then download these tables for your location at the present time, and send it to the rc.

No DJI drone connects directly to the internet. The only internet connection available is through the user smart device.

Every day I pop on to the M3 forums and have a quick look and every day the same old stuff but six months on from release. Its so utterly disappointing and I am sorry for all the rubbish DJI have put their own customers through with the M3.

Who would want a brand new cutting edge drone that takes much much longer to acquire a homepoint than drones from the same manufacturer from 4 years ago?

Refund your drones before its too late and speak with your wallets. DJI doesn't really care about your words. Sorry I know this is not very constructive but holy moly how long will this substandard rubbish go on for?

I actually really hope there will be a M3S because at least it would be worth buying lol...

I also think so.

Today i wait 10. Minutes to be able to fly. Dzizs.

I am to late to returning mine…its 4. Month old. But i will wait another week..and if there will not be some news from dji then i will sell it. And loos many money.
Its unaceptable that DJI dont say nothing.

Thanx

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
More like improve it, I should have worded that better

So the only change between 0600 and 0601, is "further GPS acquisition improvement" right?

My Mavic 3 doesn't suffer from the long GNSS acquisition problems reported widely here and I haven't seen acquisition times longer than 75 seconds. Reading about the suggestion to be internet-connected above, I tried again today without tethering to a phone.

Here's a demo of the RC Pro and Mavic 3 completing their initial GNSS acquisition from a cold start without connection to the internet. Forty seconds (which is exceptionally fast, even for me).

M3: 01.00.0600
RC Pro: 03.01.0600
App: 1.5.10

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb