DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some GPS Observations

Ok have just updated the firmware to .600 on my new 2021 October version (previous was Nov 2021), during that time in my bedroom there was no GPS for it to lock on.

Once all updated, I went out to the back garden and powered it on. It took roughly 1min 10sec to acquire enough Satellites to stamp the Home Point. It then hung at 13 Sats for about 3 min longer then jumped to 14. It took the whole 5min to reach 15 Sats. Not sure how many Sats I should be seeing locked on normally after 5min?

I powered it off, then back on again after 1 min and it immediately fixed at 14 and the home point was recorded.

I will again try this tomorrow morning or later on a cold start while out.
Fingers crossed!

Reactions: leebroath
Just tried again

It eventually got to 9 Sats and stayed there for 3 minutes, then at 4min it reached the 13 Sats and the home point was recorded.

Last edited:
Just tried again

It eventually got to 9 Sats and stayed there for 3 minutes, then at 4min it reached the 13 Sats and the home point was recorded.
Try simply power cycling the battery at 8 satellites and see if you don't get a HP immediately after, taking well under two minutes total. Worked well for me, until the last update solved my issues.

Assuming it remains 4 minutes, is that truly a deal killer for you, if it only affects the first flight?

Reactions: leebroath
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge