DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone might get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it’s time for beer
are you teaching your kids to be honest and to do whats morally right,i understand the temptation but for future wealth,it must be resisted

Reactions: Akoztha
Cs6bmdVUIAA5oHF.jpg

i think it's becoming common. someone placed the wrong price tag, customer found it and tried to get it for the price. if they don't get it, they cause a huge fuss and in the end, the store just wear the loss than to deal with adult tantrums. the manager wouldn't have known how you would react if he tells you that you had to pay full price, so just just honor the price on the shelf.
once i bought a bag of rice at the supermarket, which had 50% discount label on the shelf. when it was scanned, i was charged full price. went to the service counter, they confirmed someone forgot to remove the 50% discount tag from the previous week. they removed the tag, refund the $$ i paid. and i get to keep the bag of rice for free. *shrug* granted, it wasnt a mavic pro.

Depends on the situation smart shopping and saying the right things at the right time is what I teach my kids

Reactions: BD0G
Depends on the situation smart shopping and saying the right things at the right time is what I teach my kids
so get over on things if possible
got it!

"smart shopping" LOL!!!

somehow i think your just taunting us,no one is this proud of screwing someone

It seems to be the way the world of retail sales now works. For better or for worse. The other day I was purchasing a Sierra Mist that was placed next to the Crush drinks and had a .99 cent tag below them. At the register I commented that there were Sierra Mists on the .99 shelf as an informational courtesy. The cashier said well the Sierra Mists are usually $1.79 but I will let you have it for .99. I did not even ask for that price and was more than willing to pay the $1.79 for the soda.

It works the other way as well. Ordered a Cider in a bar last weekend and thought it was an IPA. Named Lead Dog. I took two sips and realized it was Mule Piss. Asked the bartender to exchange for an IPA and told him I made the mistake. He told me I could "buy" an IPA if I wanted one.

Took a quick informal survey within the group I was with and every person without flinching said thats bad business.

Last edited:
somehow i think your just taunting us,no one is this proud of screwing someone

In his mind nobody got screwed and this is not something that he characterizes as "bad". It carefully and seemingly skillfully straddles the line of exploiting current business policies and practices to ones benefit. Its the way businesses now operate. He addressed the issue openly and above board. He did not hide anything from the store representatives or management as per "his story". This is an agreement that was made without a lengthy negotiation.

Personally , I want to schedule a shopping date with him cause he is the price whisperer.

Reactions: Brett 21 and jacob
I am not into screwing someone At all. I bought my first mavic used $900 with fly more pack. He had it priced at $900 I paid him his exact asking price and paid $25 for him to drive to my work 5 miles to bring it to me at my work ( safe place to hold that cash). I didn’t beat him up on the price. I am just saying look at small mistakes that can get you what you want. I could have easily made a ton of money on what happened but I refuse because it isn’t right

Back when the Mavic was first released and it started shipping some members who purchased from Newegg got more than one Mavic but were only charged for one in some sort of mixup. I don't think any of them were giving them back.

On the PLUS side, the children involved are getting a good life lesson by their parents.
If you make a minor screw up, SOMEONE will make you pay for it. Don't expect compassion and understanding in a greed filled world.
And, Its not stealing if you benefit and can place the blame on someone else.

Reactions: RYCO and Akoztha
In his mind nobody got screwed and this is not something that he characterizes as "bad". It carefully and seemingly skillfully straddles the line of exploiting current business policies and practices to ones benefit. Its the way businesses now operate. He addressed the issue openly and above board. He did not hide anything from the store representatives or management as per "his story". This is an agreement that was made without a lengthy negotiation.

Personally , I want to schedule a shopping date with him cause he is the price whisperer.
Exactly

So, I guess the moral of this story is that it's good to take advantage of other's mistakes when possible. I guess I'm the odd man out as I won't be teaching my child to do this.

All he had to say was no. I would have accepted that and bought it at regular price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stmavic