DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone please help me with iOS 11 issue!

Littletent

Reactions
Hi! I wonder if anyone can help me?
I am running my mavic with both an iPad mini 4 and an iPhone SE.

I updated both devices to iOS 11 beta a few weeks ago. The iPhone still works with the Mavic ok but the iPad mini 4 will not return any video feed - just a black screen where the video feed is supposed to show (and all the usual icons and stuff) and a ‘Disconnected’ notification.
How come it works on one but not the other? Anyone know what I might do to get my video back?
Please reply as simply as possible as I am nearly 60 and not a whizz with tech stuff! Thank you kindly

How are you connecting when you use the iPad? Might not be your problem but you must remove the side connector(LHS) if you want to use the bottom centre connector. Hope you figure it out, the iPad makes for a much better flying experience!

How are you connecting when you use the iPad? Might not be your problem but you must remove the side connector(LHS) if you want to use the bottom centre connector. Hope you figure it out, the iPad makes for a much better flying experience!
Thanks for your reply Bracofoon - yeah I’m using the bottom connector with the side one disconnected - I’m thinking it’s something to do with the ios update because it was working perfectly up until I installed the iOS 11 beta

Don't put yourself down because of your age. I am 65 and can leave most of the younger generation behind with tech stuff.
Thanks michael - I’m not too bad I suppose - def better at tech stuff than most my age but also def room for improvement!

I would delete and reinstall the Go 4 app for a start - I’m using IOS 11 public beta 8 on both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4 with no hassles. I must add though that I haven’t updated the app since 4.08...

I am running the beta on my iPad mini 4 with no issues. What cable are you using? If using an Apple or a low cost cable you can easily have no video or video drop outs. I recommend Anker cables from Amazon. They are much stronger and thicker which should provide better signal transmission. DJI also has a glitch in which I have to unplug and plug back in either end of the cable multiple times to see video. One way to tell if you have a good connection is when you plug in the cable you can see the iPad battery icon blink quickly and hear the connection beep.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk