DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone shot at my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelledge

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Pro yesterday and was following the small road that I live on. About 1/4 of a mile from my house I heard a gun shot. I thought at the time “they better not be shooting at my drone”. A little later I was talking to a guy and he was asking me if I had seen a drone flying around. I told him yes that it was mine. That is when I found out one of my drunken idiot neighbors had fired a shotgun at it when it flew by them. Luckily I was about 300’ up and he couldn’t have hit it. Just really ticked about it, I don’t know if I’m going to go confront him about it or not yet. Rant over now!

Mike

Yeah but I would wait till he sobered up . He might shoot you .
Or maybe being you know he will do that pick another direction to fly .

I was flying my Mavic Pro yesterday and was following the small road that I live on. About 1/4 of a mile from my house I heard a gun shot. I thought at the time “they better not be shooting at my drone”. A little later I was talking to a guy and he was asking me if I had seen a drone flying around. I told him yes that it was mine. That is when I found out one of my drunken idiot neighbors had fired a shotgun at it when it flew by them. Luckily I was about 300’ up and he couldn’t have hit it. Just really ticked about it, I don’t know if I’m going to go confront him about it or not yet. Rant over now!

Mike
I would call the police, could have caused a crash that could have hurt someone or caused damage.

Mike

Where are you located at Mike? Are there any laws protecting you from ground shots?

If you are in the US, that guy that shoot your drone could have federal charge for shooting to a drone. Drones are considered aircraft devices and have a similar protection as a normal airplane.

Mike
I’m guessing you’re in the USA? The last thing I’d do is confront anyone in your country that I know has a gun (mind, sounds like that is at least half the population!)

Mike

The best thing you can do is just avoid flying over your neighbors house. Its better to just forget it then call the police. If your neighbor is as dumb as you suggest then you never know what he may do, stick a knife in your tire, kill your dog, etc.

Guy's lets not let this be as many of these I got shot at threads cause if it does I will shoot it down .
Just saying now before all the keyboard warriors attack it .

Sorry I didn’t mean to start anything just kinda ticked me off. I’ll search for the shot at posts. I didn’t figure it happened that often.

You fine and have every right to be ticked off if your info
was right and they really shot at your drone. It would be
good if you had saw him do it or better if you had it on video.
My post was just what it was. Trying to cut off the keyboard
warriors before they set in.
Way I see it if you were not hit and only going by someone’s
elses word you really don’t know what happened.

From the news articles I’ve read, the faa doesn’t really care about people shooting at drones.

Local courts in various states have gone either way. Some rule in favor of the drone operator, other courts rule in favor of the shooter based on the specifics of each case.

If you don’t have it on video, I wouldn’t bother calling the cops.

Gun laws are not going to stop anything as anyone can get whatever anytime illegally .
And we shall not go there !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000