DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Something simple.. or did I get a lemon -update round 2-

DTC709

Reactions
I’ll start by saying I’ve used the search feature extensively as well as on the DJi forum, but haven’t found any solution and most posts seem to be at least 4-6 months old.

I’ve got my Apline white MP out for a couple good flies so far to stretch its legs, I have about 1hr25 min in flight time on the unit.

•Gimbal vibrates almost consistently when moving, low wind & high wind. Been up 300ft with no wind warnings and as soon as I start to travel in any direction at even 2-3mph it’ll start. Same thing with no breeze at 6ft off the ground, as seen in attached video.

•Gimbal decides to do its own thing for a few seconds, this issue is fairly intermittent, only had it happen about 4-6 times. Video link attached.

•The camera intermittently seems to lock up on the tap to Focus side of it, blurs out and won’t tap to focus or even refocus in manual mode.

•I’m also dropping video feed intermittently about 300 feed out, with the vide screen freezing but all my data staying live, sometimes I can swap from photo to video and it’ll come back sometimes not. This I’ll somewhat attribute to interference.

-Hasn’t been crashed, MP firmware is V.01.04.0300
-DJIGo app firmware is V4.2.14(3118)
-No mods
-No error code
-Gimbal brackets all where they suppose to be

-Ruled out SD card, happened with original & my 64gb card out of my GoPro
-Was thinking wind, but at the time shown in the video I was low & slow and there was barely a breeze
-It was chilly, I’ve read that could be a cause for the vibration, may test is the warehouse a work to see.

I’ve calibrated and re calibrated everything, using supplied SD, reformatted before each flight. I haven’t tried rolling back to the previous firmware versions.

Am I missing something simple, or did I get a bit of a lemon of a gimbal? I still have 10 days that I’m able to return to Apple for replacement/refund.

Also sorry for the winded post, just looking for some insight/input from this great community. So far, beside the issues stated I’m throughly impressed with the Mavic, love the portability, solid flight time, and it has awesome stability in the wind, which is a must where I’m located.

I've had this issue twice, both of which were caused by overheating. If nothing out of the ordinary has happened then my suggestion would be to send it back for a replacement.

Reactions: ksmusa and DTC709
second clip looks like a gimbal reset. does it stop recording video when that happens?

Definitely get it replaced if you are still able to.

second clip looks like a gimbal reset. does it stop recording video when that happens?

Definitely get it replaced if you are still able to.

Yeah I’ve experienced the stop recording thing with the gimbal freak out/ reset in the second clip.

I’ll log another few batteries worth of practice then get in touch with Apple for warranty replacement. Thanks

Yeah I’ve experienced the stop recording thing with the gimbal freak out/ reset in the second clip.

I’ll log another few batteries worth of practice then get in touch with Apple for warranty replacement. Thanks

I had the gimbal reset problem and when searching for fixes I found that there wasn't one. Make sure you're extra careful flying it, if you crash it then I doubt they'd do anything through warranty

I had the gimbal reset problem and when searching for fixes I found that there wasn't one. Make sure you're extra careful flying it, if you crash it then I doubt they'd do anything through warranty

I want to take it up again, but already got my replacement/return shipping label printed, I’ll just pack it up and mail it so I don’t do anything dumb, so far I’m impressed with my first Apple store experience.

Reactions: Youser
Little update, received my new MP Alpine white combo today, popped it in the mail on the 14th to send off to Apple for replacement, received the brand new replacement today, the 22nd.

Got home late, got everything charging. Got to admit I was super eager, since I sent my 1st MP back with only about 2 hours on it.

Got a battery & a half charged up and headed out. About 25 min of flight time, fairly strong wind, flying into a head wind. Gimbal was solid as a rock. Talk about a good feeling. Hoping to get a couple hours in over the next week to make sure it stays that way!

IMG_7268.JPG

Reactions: LongRifle
Little update, received my new MP Alpine white combo today, popped it in the mail on the 14th to send off to Apple for replacement, received the brand new replacement today, the 22nd.

Got home late, got everything charging. Got to admit I was super eager, since I sent my 1st MP back with only about 2 hours on it.

Got a battery & a half charged up and headed out. About 25 min of flight time, fairly strong wind, flying into a head wind. Gimbal was solid as a rock. Talk about a good feeling. Hoping to get a couple hours in over the next week to make sure it stays that way!

View attachment 38561
Awesome. Glad you got it replaced. Gimbal resets are fairly common, so if it happens again with the new one, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it does it all the time. That vibration you were getting isn't normal or common so it's a good thing you got it replaced.

Reactions: DTC709
Good you got a replacement. Avoid flying with a half-charged battery. Top it up to full before flying, just to be safe. Also try not to run the battery down below 20%. Not good for battery health and you need a bit of buffer just in case you have trouble returning due to strong headwind. I land mine ~30%.

Good you got a replacement. Avoid flying with a half-charged battery. Top it up to full before flying, just to be safe. Also try not to run the battery down below 20%. Not good for battery health and you need a bit of buffer just in case you have trouble returning due to strong headwind. I land mine ~30%.
I agree to not normally let the battery discharge too low, but DJI actually recommends fully discharging the battery every 3 months.

Yeah my alarm is set at 30%, I usually fully charge, just eager and dark was coming on! Had 500meters of open field so all was well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman