DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon To Be Mavic Pilot From Northern California!

tencrore

Reactions
Greetings from Livermore, CA!

Started out by ordering a Mavic Pro Platinum... Then I ordered a Spark to "practice" on.... Then I found out about the Mavic Air! I'm so confused!

At the end of it all, I'll probably return the Pro and the Spark and keep the Air.

Looking for any and all advice from a newbie.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Reactions: dirkclod
I have them all, well had them all, I sold the Spark. There are pros and cons to the Pro and Air. Longer flight time with the pro but more sensors and 100mbs bit rate on the Air. Or you could return them both and get the Mavic 2 Pro if money isn't an issue, this has them all beat hands-down.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots by the way! Fly safe and have fun!

I'd rather have a refurbished pro over any of them. If you're a photographer, you'd be getting a M2P over the inferior air to begin with and you don't have to worry about the mediocre WiFi connection system and crappy battery life.

Thanks for everyone's input! Look forward to more!

As a newbie, please excuse my question regarding the Mavic 2's...

If I'm understanding the DJI website, the Mavic 2 Pro is setup only for still photography and the Mavic 2 Zoom is dedicated for videos? Correct?

Again, thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum! :)

If I'm understanding the DJI website, the Mavic 2 Pro is setup only for still photography and the Mavic 2 Zoom is dedicated for videos?
Both are able to take photos or video. The Zoom has a camera that zooms and the Pro has a camera with a 1-inch sensor. You can find more details about the differences in the Mavic 2 FAQ.

Started out by ordering a Mavic Pro Platinum... Then I ordered a Spark to "practice" on.... Then I found out about the Mavic Air! I'm so confused!

At the end of it all, I'll probably return the Pro and the Spark and keep the Air.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Howdy from Wyoming @tencrore , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman