DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Southern California - 909/626/714

It seems I'm struggling to find a spot to fly and film the beautiful SoCal coast. I was at Laguna today, and like you said, there are new "No Drone Signs" posted everywhere. They even have the "No Drones" flashing on the public service announcement signs along the side of the road. Laguna Beach is proud of their new ordnance.

I've been down to Huntington twice this week. Problem is that the Vans National Surfing Championships are set up there now. People and tents and portable stadiums set up all over the place.

I'm like you, I like "stealth" . . . . . I like to avoid people. I'm going to try some of the spots shown and discussed in this thread. THANK you for the google map!!!
I live in Laguna and there are places to fly. You are allowed to fly over the ocean-- My favorite- The law is you take off at or as near the water line as possible its great!! I also fly in the canyon-Near Irvine by the hidden Barbara's Lake

This thread has not been updated in a while. Are there any more good places to fly here that are more stealth or drone friendly?

We fly at the Orange County Great Park regularly. Lots of wide open empty space out there. Thumbswayup

Reactions: c5chris1
I love that stretch between Laguna and Newport. It's a beautiful drive. Crystal Cove beach is one of my favorite quiet beaches to visit. A few things:

1. If you're gonna go there anyway, stop by Bear Flag Fish Company located in the Crystal Cove Shopping Center (about 1 mile south). Really great fresh fish. Love their poke.
2. If you like olive oil, balsamic vinegar, charcuterie, cheese plates, and those types of things, visit Baker & Olive at Corona Del Mar Plaza (about 2 miles north).
3. Further up at Fashion Island, there is a relatively new restaurant called True Food Kitchen. Lots of vegetarian & vegan options. And meat options.
4. That "$75 million house" was on the market for a long time. It eventually sold in 2010 for $34 million, less than half the original ask. Zillow has a current estimate at $43 million, but we all know how loose Zillow is with their estimates.
5. Assuming that the house is $43 million now, and if you somehow qualified for a 30 year mortgage with 5% interest after putting 20% down, then your mortgage payment would be $185,000 per month.
LOL I'm a mortgage banker and live near that house- The property tax on that home is $44,791.00 per month. Most people of that stature only carry a $1M mortgage on the home as that is deductible on their income taxes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato