DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark from China, too good to be true

This is why Hitler existed... There will always people believing in the wrong leaders, even if what they preach is true or not true. It's basically human nature.

I think you should win a drone from this Ebay seller for managing to get Hitler into a conversation on a DJI Spark:DThumbswayup

Reactions: SaMavic
Hello everyone, I will be able to answer the question about what they send instead of a spark. But I would like to give a little background first. I have been buying and building drones for about 6 years. Even though my wife is not into drones, she will listen to me ramble about them and usually puts up with my projects laying around everywhere.

Sometime last week I showed my wife a video of the spark. I mentioned that I was impressed at all of the tech and flying time that they were able to squeeze into such a small package. Because I showed her the video she assumed that I wanted one. Now I know what a spark should cost but she didn't have any idea. The next day (Friday) she thought it would be a nice surprise to buy me one. So she went on eBay and searched for a DJI Spark and then clicked the show lowest price first button. Of course she came across the same deal that the op was talking about. The blue DJI Spark fly more combo and bought it for 129.99. When I got home from work I checked the email and saw the receipt. So much for the surprise. Anyway, I sent an email to eBay pointing out that this was likely a scam and asked the steps I need to go through to get my money back. The reply I received thanked me for reporting a possible scam and said that they will look into it. I have to wait until a day after it is supposed to be delivered before I can file a claim.

I assumed I wouldn't hear anything more about it until after my claim. Surprisingly though, later on that night, I got an ebay update on my phone saying my item has shipped. I tried the tracking number a few times over the weekend an it kept saying the tracking number not in system. I tried to track it about about an hour ago and the status says in transit to destination. Now I'm 99. 9% sure that they didn't send me a spark fly more package. I am curious as to what they did send though. It's probably a brick so they can show tracking information when I file a claim. That's going to make getting my money back a little harder I imagine.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I'll be sure to update this thread when I receive my brick.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I found this thread by searching $129 spark on eBay scam. Lol

Reactions: laurens23
Hello everyone, I will be able to answer the question about what they send instead of a spark. But I would like to give a little background first. I have been buying and building drones for about 6 years. Even though my wife is not into drones, she will listen to me ramble about them and usually puts up with my projects laying around everywhere.

Sometime last week I showed my wife a video of the spark. I mentioned that I was impressed at all of the tech and flying time that they were able to squeeze into such a small package. Because I showed her the video she assumed that I wanted one. Now I know what a spark should cost but she didn't have any idea. The next day (Friday) she thought it would be a nice surprise to buy me one. So she went on eBay and searched for a DJI Spark and then clicked the show lowest price first button. Of course she came across the same deal that the op was talking about. The blue DJI Spark fly more combo and bought it for 129.99. When I got home from work I checked the email and saw the receipt. So much for the surprise. Anyway, I sent an email to eBay pointing out that this was likely a scam and asked the steps I need to go through to get my money back. The reply I received thanked me for reporting a possible scam and said that they will look into it. I have to wait until a day after it is supposed to be delivered before I can file a claim.

I assumed I wouldn't hear anything more about it until after my claim. Surprisingly though, later on that night, I got an ebay update on my phone saying my item has shipped. I tried the tracking number a few times over the weekend an it kept saying the tracking number not in system. I tried to track it about about an hour ago and the status says in transit to destination. Now I'm 99. 9% sure that they didn't send me a spark fly more package. I am curious as to what they did send though. It's probably a brick so they can show tracking information when I file a claim. That's going to make getting my money back a little harder I imagine.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I'll be sure to update this thread when I receive my brick.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I found this thread by searching $129 spark on eBay scam. Lol
What's the eta for your bag of sand with a dji sticker on it?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can prove that they didn't send the spark? When it's time for me to file a claim they will have tracking info showing delivery. I was thinking I could video record myself opening the package. I'm not sure that would be enough though.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can prove that they didn't send the spark? When it's time for me to file a claim they will have tracking info showing delivery. I was thinking I could video record myself opening the package. I'm not sure that would be enough though.
I believe that eBay have a direct phone number for customer services and email. You can call them and email the YouTube proof video to them. They will take care immediately.

Reactions: Former Member
Hope is a funny thing. While I still don't believe this to be anything but a scam, I did noticed something this morning that put a small amount of hope in me.

The seller received a positive feedback this morning. The feedback did not say what the buyer bought, but it did show the item number. I checked the item number and it is the same item number of the one my wife bought. Now I know feedback can be faked, but if you fake feedback to make people believe that you deliver your products, you would probably use the name DJI or Spark in it.

Like I said I'm 99% sure this is a scam. Part of me wanted to be true so bad that I'm apparently trying to find reasons to convince myself that it might be. Then the rational part of my brain kicks in and I ask myself, why would someone sell something below cost? I'm not sure really, maybe he's dying and wants to liquidate inventory???

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. I just wanted to share what I found about the feedback. Time will tell I guess.

If something was being sold that cheap I would guess that it is a hot drone . Stolen so just sell it cheap for a fast buck . Good luck anyway

I think that is a knock off that is just being called a spark .
Junk using a good name

It looks to have a DJI part code and name, and there all over if you google - Dummy Spark. ??

I did a search and maybe they are refurbished sparks
729fa2f96d81f4890c0919240c1b6ea3.jpg

or maybe non working store display? who knows..they are less than $100 bucks at most places??

Received my package from China today! They didn't send me a DJI Spark or even a DJI sticker. It was a 4x4inch padded envelope that contained three Lego pieces. The base plate for a Lego man, a Lego propeller, and a Lego helmet. Surprisingly they are real Legos.

I can't help but wonder why the seller sent Legos. Why send anything at all? An empty envelope would have given them proof of delivery. I looked at his recent feedback and it appears that he sent other buyers Legos too. A few people received a Kennedy half dollar.

I contacted PayPal to open up a dispute. Lucky for me they were already on to the seller and said my money should be credited back to my card in 1 to 5 days.

Received my package from China today! They didn't send me a DJI Spark or even a DJI sticker. It was a 4x4inch padded envelope that contained three Lego pieces. The base plate for a Lego man, a Lego propeller, and a Lego helmet. Surprisingly they are real Legos.

You should mount those Legos in a shadowbox frame on your wall to serve as a reminder to yourself that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

You should mount those Legos in a shadowbox frame on your wall to serve as a reminder to yourself that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
I would do that but my wife is the one that bought it as a gift for me. Over 20 years of marriage I have learned it is best not to taunt her.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR