DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Spectacular Drone and Underwater video of Orcas and whales in Norway

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
THIS IS NOT MY WORK!!! I received it from a fellow adventurer. It is 11 minutes long and displays amazing overhead drone shots and underwater shots. It is French with English subtitles. It's a bit show at the beginning until the action starts. It was so great I just wanted to share it all over the world with you guys.

Dale
Miami

Skip to about 3:30 to avoid the irrelevant bits on the highway. Begin at 5:30 to skip the irrelevant bits on the dock.

It's absolutely spectacular after that.

Thanks for passing this on, Dale.

Skip to about 3:30 to avoid the irrelevant bits on the highway. Begin at 5:30 to skip the irrelevant bits on the dock.

It's absolutely spectacular after that.

Thanks for passing this on, Dale.
Hey MS Coast:

Yes- and no! I kinda like the preparation parts too. It tells a story. Planning a trip is half the fun, they say. I like the way he shoots in the side view mirror, his overhead drone travel shots of his car driving the snowy highway, etc. The good stuff is certainly after the traveling there but I like the traveling add ons also. Watching his van towing the boat over that bridge with the icy waters below, and then the long snowy road for as far as the eye can see...such great shots. They really contribute to the "traveling" part of the film. I love films that really tell a story like this.

One thing is for sure...without those amazing drone shots from above the whales, the film would lose a lot. Drones definitely have added to our travel photography armamentarium.

Dale

Reactions: W2EJ and MS Coast
Wow, very nice production, thanks for sharing.

Those first whales are Humpback, huge and so graceful.
They migrate up our coast in winter from Antarctic waters to breed and feed, giving us magnificent displays.
They can throw nearly all their 25,000 to 30,000 kg out of the water in breech.

Now Orcas, they are even more fascinating, highly intelligent, watching their hunting skills on YouTube it's so obvious.
They can hunt and kill the largest whales, love sharks livers (precisely, almost surgical, and only the livers), even Great Whites are below them on the ocean food chain.
Yet, they seem fascinated by humans, swim with them curiously, almost playfully, swim near people kayaking etc, and know not to try and eat us (probably tested long ago and realise we taste like . . . ummm, bad).

Those fishermen certainly got a show.
Orcas under the boats picking up the scraps, "What . . . Herring AGAIN ??"

THIS IS NOT MY WORK!!! I received it from a fellow adventurer. It is 11 minutes long and displays amazing overhead drone shots and underwater shots. It is French with English subtitles. It's a bit show at the beginning until the action starts. It was so great I just wanted to share it all over the world with you guys.

Dale
Miami

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it.
Again- not my work, but believe me I am really jealous I was not on that trip. Thanks for the added information on the whales. I still have not figured out from this film if the driver was alone in his car on that trip. How did he manage to get the Go Pro views from the right side of the truck, and how did he manage to get the driving on the road and over the raging river views by drone? I think he had another passenger whom we never saw.

Again- not my work, but believe me I am really jealous I was not on that trip. Thanks for the added information on the whales. I still have not figured out from this film if the driver was alone in his car on that trip. How did he manage to get the Go Pro views from the right side of the truck, and how did he manage to get the driving on the road and over the raging river views by drone? I think he had another passenger whom we never saw.
My guess is another passenger like yours.

Yes, no doubt at least one pax with him.
Like on the sailing boat, with the tender motoring way behind, the tender folk were probably doing the drone work.

Yes, no doubt at least one pax with him.
Like on the sailing boat, with the tender motoring way behind, the tender folk were probably doing the drone work.
Thanks for sharing with us Dale as a scuba diver I love anything under water and the drone shots. Whales are magnificent creatures and believe it or not orcas is actually part of the dolphin family hence the intelligence when it comes to the hunting and curiosity side of things

Great share Dale and well worth watching all the clip.
I reckon including the journey to get there helps the overall narrative.
you certainly find some interesting stuff so keep it coming.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d