DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed Priority in Active Track mode?

GerdS

Reactions
Hi,

I rarely use the GO 4 app and also the Active Track mode, as I am normally flying with Litchi in VR mode.

But today I tried a bit more with Active Track and found out that the Mavic doesn't get the speed required for following e.g. a bicycle.
In GO 4 Active Track mode there is a vertical slider named "Speed Priority" for which I cannot find any explanation. I can set values between 1km/h up to 15 km/h and it looks to me as if this slider will limit the maximum speed to this value. True?
But what about the much higher supported speed of up to 30 km/h with .500 firmware? Didn't see any setting to enable this or enhance that slider to the supported top speed.
What is wrong here?

Hi,

I rarely use the GO 4 app and also the Active Track mode, as I am normally flying with Litchi in VR mode.

But today I tried a bit more with Active Track and found out that the Mavic doesn't get the speed required for following e.g. a bicycle.
In GO 4 Active Track mode there is a vertical slider named "Speed Priority" for which I cannot find any explanation. I can set values between 1km/h up to 15 km/h and it looks to me as if this slider will limit the maximum speed to this value. True?
But what about the much higher supported speed of up to 30 km/h with .500 firmware? Didn't see any setting to enable this or enhance that slider to the supported top speed.
What is wrong here?

The speed priority doesn't make sense as it doesn't limit the speed to 15kph. See this footage I shot recently at speeds up to 60kph.

I downgraded back to 400 and it says 15 kmph which I can live with because now I have great distance again and my phone quit being choppy.
I would like more speed but not worth the hassle of 500

15 meters/Second converts to 54 Kilometers/Hour. This makes sense as it's what I've seen the device do (See my video above as example).

It is a bug within GO 4.0.5 for Android which I now have reported to DJI.

I have tested yesterday again and taken screenshots.
Just compare these three screenshots. The only difference between is the Unit settings, either Imperial, Metric (km/h) or Metric (m/s).
As you can see the "Max. Speed Priority" value is not consistent. 49.2 mph converted results into 79.2 km/h and 21.9 m/s.
But when switching units, conversion goes wrong and results into 15 km/h and 15 m/s. And it seems as if this is not only a display problem but really limits Mavic's top speed! As I am usually selecting km/h that means that ActiveTrack is limited to 9.3 mph. I tried switching to Imperial today and then the Mavic got as fast as expected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170402-183112.png
    Screenshot_20170402-183112.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20170402-183127.png
    Screenshot_20170402-183127.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20170402-183137.png
    Screenshot_20170402-183137.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals