DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spherical Photo Edit?

the theta app is pretty good. Lots of ways to edit and animate your 360s. It is a freeware app designed by Ricoh for their line of 360 theta cameras.

Reactions: dozzn
the theta app is pretty good. Lots of ways to edit and animate your 360s. It is a freeware app designed by Ricoh for their line of 360 theta cameras.
Thanks for the tip, but I am on android ;)

And also a big thanks for all the replies and tips! I am gonna check it out for sure!
I assume the individual pictures have some embedded information to know what should be stitched where to make a whole automatically? Is that to be found in the exif data? I just wonder :)

@Ronny St. : the kuula.co system is working well for us. They have a no-charge option that might be worth your checking out. We did so, and decided to purchase their Business plan for our virtual tours. It’s actually kind of fun to fine-tune the panoramic images, and even more fun to finally be able to more easily share them via links.

And, we love that kuula’s terms and conditions state that they are not claiming ownership of our intellectual property by using their system. No way are we going to do all the work of creating and editing panoramic content so that other businesses can use them however they please, with no compensation to us!
Just created an account and uploaded some files, but whatever I try I cannot use the mouse to 'slide', I just see the photo that is selected in the row below the 'tour'... I probably overlook something, but cannot find it what to do to use all photos together in the main window. Besides that, a spherical panorama consists of 26 pictures from the Mini 2 and the free version of kuula.co only allows 25 pictures maximum for a tour ☺️

Last edited:
Just created an account and uploaded some files, but whatever I try I cannot use the mouse to 'slide', I just see the photo that is selected in the row below the 'tour'... I probably overlook something, but cannot find it what to do to use all photos together in the main window. Besides that, a spherical panorama consists of 26 pictures from the Mini 2 and the free version of kuula.co only allows 25 pictures maximum for a tour ☺️
Kuula doesn't do the stitching. You must provide spherical panorama images.

Reactions: Ronny St.
Kuula doesn't do the stitching. You must provide spherical panorama images.
Oh, in a tutorial it looks like it does recognize that the series of uploaded pictures go together. After uploading all photos you can click on 'tiny planet' but it just shows that literally and you cannot 'travel' through the panorama as the Fly app does. I will have to look for another solution. Tomorrow I am gonna try Google Photos and see what that gives.

Btw I found somewhere the following text: 'I had to upload my single stiched jpeg file that comes from the sd-card on the drone', but i cannot find the complete and stitched together photo on my SD card. Maybe it is there somewhere where I overlooked it?

Pfff, I thought it would be much easier to do, but I am willing to put some effort in it to get it going.

Last edited:
Try (Thete+)
Ok, looked at it, but it does require an already stitched picture. I wonder if that is saved on the SD card of the Mini 2, that would make it a lot easier. It looks like the app stitches and displays them, without saving the stitched picture itself, only the individual pictures.
On the SD card there are 2 maps, called 'Media' and 'Panorama'. In the Media map there are some html files that go to the map in the Panorama map containing the individual pictures of a panorama, but no ready-stitched picture.

Just tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and that look quite ok for stitching but it does combine them to an awkward composition with distortions all around... Not spherical at all.
PS cannot embed it here in my post, it seems only to give the link? I used the 'Insert image' option in my post. Is it not possible here to give the picture itself instead of a link to it?

View attachment DJI_0001_stitch.jpg

Just tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and that look quite ok for stitching but it does combine them to an awkward composition with distortions all around... Not spherical at all.
PS cannot embed it here in my post, it seems only to give the link? I used the 'Insert image' option in my post. Is it not possible here to give the picture itself instead of a link to it?

View attachment 152538
That's a spherical panorama. You need to view it with software that displays it as such. Otherwise, it's a just a distorted planar image. Here it is on Kuula.co.

It's a very sharp image.

That's a spherical panorama. You need to view it with software that displays it as such. Otherwise, it's a just a distorted planar image. Here it is on Kuula.co.

It's a very sharp image.
YESSSSSSSSSSS!! Thanks you for the final touch. It seems I was closer that I knew for myself but with your help the puzzle is completed! I had already tried to open it in FSPViewer to be able to try in an offline viewer, but that also gave me a complete distorted image.

And indeed, the picture is very sharp although it came as such from the Mini 2, without any post-processing and no ND lenses or anything else. The little bird proves to give pictures of impressive quality.

SUPER thanks again, now I can go on and do some more experiments with the panoramic possibilities of the Mini 2!

Just one last question, only to close off this topic: is there any freeware viewer that can be used offline? As stated, I tried FSP viewer, but that is quite worthless.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast
YESSSSSSSSSSS!! Thanks you for the final touch. It seems I was closer that I knew for myself but with your help the puzzle is completed! I had already tried to open it in FSPViewer to be able to try in an offline viewer, but that also gave me a complete distorted image.

And indeed, the picture is very sharp although it came as such from the Mini 2, without any post-processing and no ND lenses or anything else. The little bird proves to give pictures of impressive quality.

SUPER thanks again, now I can go on and do some more experiments with the panoramic possibilities of the Mini 2!

Just one last question, only to close off this topic: is there any freeware viewer that can be used offline? As stated, I tried FSP viewer, but that is quite worthless.
Don't give up on FSPViewer yet. There's something about that photo that's causing a problem with some viewers.

I loaded it to Google Photos and it appeared as a flat image rather than a 360 panorama. I had the same thing happen a couple of days ago with two images, but I haven't yet sorted out why they don't work.

Don't give up on FSPViewer yet. There's something about that photo that's causing a problem with some viewers.

I loaded it to Google Photos and it appeared as a flat image rather than a 360 panorama. I had the same thing happen a couple of days ago with two images, but I haven't yet sorted out why they don't work.
Ah, ok, interesting to know that it seems to be happening to more users and only with some photos. I am gonna try out some more and maybe we can figure out the reason :)

I love doing 360 photos but it sucks you cant do anything with them unless your in the fly app.

I have tried lightroom and it can't stick the photos.

Is there a 3rd party software to process these?

IOS or PC?
On the DJI App Album, I process the DJI Album files (which are low res) using (FREE) nifty 3rd-party software to generate 3D/Little World-style images like this. A combination of mobile app Google Street View, and Theta+, allows easy generation of these.

On the DJI App Album, I process the DJI Album files (which are low res) using (FREE) nifty 3rd-party software to generate 3D/Little World-style images like this. A combination of mobile app Google Street View, and Theta+, allows easy generation of these.
Also a nice way to handle it, but I found my solution now :) Thanks for the information, some others may directly benefit from this!

Just an update for those who are looking for the same.
Finally found a solution: I stitch the panorama pictures with ICE from Microsoft (discontinued but still can be found with a google search) and then I start PanGazer (freeware from one of our fellow forum members) and that works perfectly! More info in this forum at PanGazer - a new application for viewing Mavic Panoramas It even does not require installation: just run the .exe file.
Thanks again to all who have given me tips and help!

Last edited:
Just an update for those who are looking for the same.
Finally found a solution: I stitch the panorama pictures with ICE from Microsoft (discontinued but still can be found with a google search) and then I start PanGazer (freeware from one of our fellow forum members) and that works perfectly! More info in this forum at PanGazer - a new application for viewing Mavic Panoramas It even does not require installation: just run the .exe file.
Thanks again to all who have given me tips and help!
Here's the URL for downloading the Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

Last edited:
I start PanGazer (freeware from one of our fellow forum members) and that works perfectly! More info in this forum at PanGazer - a new application for viewing Mavic Panoramas It even does not require installation: just run the .exe file.

@Ronny St., thanks very much for posting that. And to Mike Cowlishaw for writing the software and sharing it.

PanGazer is hands-down the best panorama viewer I've seen. It was obviously written with drone pilots in mind. There are some very useful configuration options and a set of well thought out keyboard shortcuts. It also simplifies exporting flat photos.

If you want to view panoramas on your WIndows computer, this is the program to use. IOS users? Here's another good reason to install a WIndows emulator.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob G Sunrise Chaser