DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PanGazer - a new application for viewing Mavic Panoramas

mfc

Reactions
I've been working for a few months now on a new viewer for panoramas I've been taking on my Mavic Pro. It is now available at PanGazer - introduction. Here's a summary of the main features:
  • PanGazer is a free (and advert-free) Windows application for viewing images and panoramas, including 360° spherical and hemispherical panoramas as captured by drones.

• The PanGazer package includes a 'starter spherical panorama’ of the Bejes village and mountains in Spain, taken with my Mavic Pro; PanGazer lets you look around the full 360°, and also pitch up or down, including straight down.

• PanGazer detects spherical 360° panoramas automatically and you can pan around them easily, but you can also use it for viewing non-spherical panoramas and other images.

• When viewing ‘hemispherical’ panoramas (e.g., drone panoramas from the Mavic and similar drones) which typically cover 20° above the horizon and 90° below, PanGazer will automatically set the correct horizon.

• You can save views to disk, effectively extracting individual photographs from a panorama.

• Strong image enhancements (brightness, etc.) are available to help you identify features of interest.

• Multiple views (windows) are supported – you can view different images, or the the same image, from multiple angles and zooms at the same time. For example, you can compare still images with views of a panorama.

• If an image is geotagged (e.g., from a Mavic) you can select 'view satellite image' to see (using Google Maps) where the image was taken.

• PanGazer uses a fast multi-threaded implementation of the gnomonic projection which reduces apparent distortion of horizontals and verticals. Interpolation is used to improve the display of zoomed or low-resolution images.
All comments and suggestions for improvements are welcome!

Mike Cowlishaw

Very cool! Thanks for sharing, I'll give it a shot!

Reactions: mfc
Very cool! Thanks for sharing, I'll give it a shot!

Hope you liked it?!

Just put out a new version; this one adds two new features:
  • Image files can now be dragged to any MapGazer window to open them; if more than one, new windows will be opened for them.

• Coordinates can now be displayed in UTM format.
Mike

I really like this. Thank you!!!

It makes pano's worth doing because they look so much better in your viewer.

Reactions: mfc
Some new features in 1.17:

• New ‘Set image geography’ dialog allows editing the location, elevation, bearing, and tilt data for images.

• New ‘Show tilt angles’ overlay optionally shows an ‘angle strip’ on the left of a view (similar to the compass points for bearings).

• The compass points and tilt angles overlays are shown automatically when the Image Geography dialog is open.

• New ‘Set horizon’ in pop-up menu allows setting the horizon for images (similar to ‘Set North’).

• Elevations can now be displayed in metres and feet (or both), and can be edited in either unit.

• Dragging an image to an open PanGazer window now opens a new window instead of replacing the existing image.
Mike

Fantastic piece of software! I was the solution to my quest.
Thank you for providing this to us all as freeware!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3