DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spiral Maker for Litchi Waypoint Missions

Just tried your tool and it worked great! Was able to easily set up a spiral from 100 feet to 250 feet with 4 revolutions. So easy to work with and video came out fantastic! I love my Mavic 2 Pro and I love Litchi and now I love the Mission Utilities for Litchi. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-19 130055 Resized.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 130055 Resized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
This is such an amazing tool. I tried virtual simulation for one of my mission of a ancient building and it was perfect. All thanks to you and your team for making this publicly available.

Reactions: DJ Wes
Wes, I used the dji fly to litchi converter to port a matrice M30T mission to Litchi. Worked pretty good.
Main issue is FlightHub 2 computed mission time as 13+ minutes and Litchi computed time as 34 minutes.
The problem was the slow speed I was flying [0.5 m/s]. I noticed on the conversion screen the speeds were listed as .5 m/s and 0 for all the others. Inspection of Litchi settings had the cruise speed at .2 m/s. I changed it to .5 and Litchi time computed at 15 minutes.
Really good job on your part.
One thing I would mention on your Litchi to DJI utility. I selected M30T as drone (which records straight lines as well as curves) and your utility stripped my Litchi aircraft headings. My source file was a csv generated by your spiral maker.
slow.zip is dji to litchi and spiral.zip is litchi to dji
Jim

Attachments

• slow.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Spiral.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
Wes, I used the dji fly to litchi converter to port a matrice M30T mission to Litchi. Worked pretty good.
Main issue is FlightHub 2 computed mission time as 13+ minutes and Litchi computed time as 34 minutes.
The global flight speed is stored in the DJI KMZ file. However, the global flight speed for Litchi is not stored in the CSV. As you found, you will need to set the global speed in the Litchi Mission Settings.

I noticed on the conversion screen the speeds were listed as .5 m/s and 0 for all the others.
Yes. A 0 (zero) stored for the speed at a waypoint tells Litchi to use the Global speed. Only non-zero values in the waypoint speed column are used for custom speeds.

One thing I would mention on your Litchi to DJI utility. I selected M30T as drone (which records straight lines as well as curves) and your utility stripped my Litchi aircraft headings. My source file was a csv generated by your spiral maker.
I will take a look at this to see if I can replicate what you describe.

Reactions: RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney