DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport Mode is Sick!

Yes it is! Try some tail stands! Get ripping at 40 or so mph directly across your point of view. 50-60 feet off the ground. Then just as you pass in front of yourself press the pause button on the remote controller!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Does it make the bird stand up like Maverick did in Top Gun?

You got it alpha! Do this with a good wide open area. Its kinda addicting and does put a bit of stress on the arms of the Mavic. I have done this many times and not had a catastrophic failure as a result.

Attachments

• Mavic_Pro_Tailstandjpg.jpg
    Mavic_Pro_Tailstandjpg.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 260
You mean I can do Pugachev's cobra with a Mavic? I got to try this.

Sports mode on the MA in particular is immense fun. Just remember those stopping distances and enjoy :).

Reactions: Ds67888
Nice.

You got it alpha! Do this with a good wide open area. Its kinda addicting and does put a bit of stress on the arms of the Mavic. I have done this many times and not had a catastrophic failure as a result.
Video or it didn't happen... ;)

Much easier to do with a Mavic than that Mig-29 . :) Thats the exact maneuver that one can pull off. Not perfectly vertical , but darned close. Video of the manuver? Hmm . Will have to see if I can take one.

Sometimes, Sport mode is even useful in film production.
Here's some slow and then some Sport mode at about 40 mph sideways.
Speakers on:

I should know this , but how does one fly with the camera oriented side ways when in Sport Mode? I can do it by using Course Lock in the regular P Mode , but I think that Course Lock is not available when in Sport Mode.

NeverEverMovedThatSwitch!
BetterThanGramma!
TryTheOppositeSettingsSticksSensitivities
PrettyDarnGracefulExceptBrakingStillAintGracefulEnough

Now I really got to try it. Also, can some record this happening? Would be awesome to watch. I only have one phone and I use it to fly :(

Edit: Even better, how about filming two Mavic Airs doing the cobra in tandem ..... drool ?

I need a spotter with a good camera to make this happen. I typically fly solo though. :(

Dual Cobra's would be a bit challenging as each PIC would have to synchronize thier start points and both would have to get on the throttle at about the same time to have both Mavic's in the frame of video cobra'ing. It can totally be done with some planning.

Im going to see if my neighbor will go out with me and film.

Well, I'm not up to any really brave stuff yet, but I did decide to try sport mode today. Holy crap on a cracker....got it up to 43 MPH but the wind was behind me so it was moving :) The one thing I noticed was that once I switched over to sport mode, the video stopped recording and I never noticed it so I don't have and video of it screaming over the trees. Either that or I accidentally hit 'stop recording'. Either way it was awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000