DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sports Mode

Valdez

Reactions
I have been wary of sports mode, and never used it in the six weeks I have owned an MP (I remember a drunken Russian acquaintance crashing his mavic into everything he could find in sports mode, before I owned one).

I decided to try today, reassured by the fact that it doesn't turn of GPS. I went to the menu, while hovering, and slid the slider from P to S, and it made no difference whatsoever. On the way out it rigidly stuck to 20mph, on the way back, it hit the dizzy heights of 22mph (I know it's supposed to be good for 40). The controller said 'GPS mode' (I remember the drunken Russians tx did say sports mode). What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: KHigh
Have you enabled the setting using the DJI Go software? By default the switch is disabled to avoid people accidentally switching into that mode, it should have popped up a warning when you pressed the switch that the option is currently disabled.

Reactions: Valdez
If you had gone into sports mode, you’d definitely have known it.

It probably isn’t enabled on your system.

Reactions: Valdez
Sure it Hovers in Sport Mode. Sports mode increases the top speed and also increases the angle of the drone when flying so it can slice through the air.

Sport Mode full tilt dropping down in front of you and then pressing Pause Button is the best. Mavic does a tail stand. Do this at your own risk. Some people report micro cracks developing in the arms of the drone.

Go ahead turn it on,My buddy and I got plat. He didn't want to turn his on.I told him, u may need it to get away from a attacking bird. He loves it now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun