DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spotted the International Space Station!

wali

Reactions
Wow! I just spotted the ISS with the Mavic Air 2. Pretty underwhelming as all I saw was a moving speck of light. Couldn't find a video setting to get it at all, but figured out a photo settings to at least see it (longest shutter, fastest iso). Again, just a speck, but it was exactly where it was supposed to be when it was supposed to be there. Anybody have any suggestions for getting a better vid (any vid!) with the ma2?

The button above the shutter changes shooting modes... In case you didn't know.

...which brings me to another point...

If you didn't know, I'm assuming you didn't read the manual...? That would be a very good idea right about now.

The manual? Whats that? ?

Actually I've read it cover to cover and its fairly underwhelming as well. Especially in terms of pretty much any camera settings and particularly low light. The closest it comes is use caution flying in <300 lux.

I'm good with finding the mode switches both on the tx and the phone (even in the dark). My question is concerning the settings. In photo mode I can set the shutter to 8" and iso to 6400. That allowed me to see the moving speck. But switching it to video the max shutter drops to 1/60 and iso 1600 and the field goes dark. Any workarounds or cheats to get it to let a little (a lot!) more light in?

Also, is there any way to read live telemetry (like headings)? It'd be nice to be able to point it in a specific direction.
(the manual mentioned the word "heading" zero times) ?

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329