DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SSID not found when connecting phone to drone through WiFi

mijac

Reactions
Hello!
I have problems connecting a phone (LG V30) to the Mavic Air using WiFi. The drone's SSID is not detected (although is detected by other phone I have). In order to trace the reason, I installed a WiFi scanner on both.
The Mavic is using channel 153 (that is 5.8Ghz). Apparently, my phone is not scanning in that frequency. The Mavic is EU, both phones are EU (although bought in different countries).

Is there anyway to tell the drone to use a different channel for WiFi connection (when using a phone, not when using the remote).
Other solution would be to root the phone and override the country settings to use all channels. But I dont like the idea of rooting a phone that is less than 2 months old.

I will google it and try later at home. Thanks!

To switch it to WiFi mode you need to power up the drone, when its ready press and hold the status light (function button/Tail Light) on the back of the drone till it beeps twice, about 4 seconds, then you should see its Wifi SSID - You need to link it back to your remote once you finish flying WiFi.

If you read the first post that's exactly what he did. He now needs to try the 3 beeps for a full reset.

Reactions: mijac
To switch it to WiFi mode you need to power up the drone, when its ready press and hold the status light (function button/Tail Light) on the back of the drone till it beeps twice, about 4 seconds, then you should see its Wifi SSID - You need to link it back to your remote once you finish flying WiFi.

Yes. And after that, my LG V30 does not detect the SSID (something like "Mavic-Air_XXXXXX") while two other phones, right beside, (Samsung S8 and Nexus 5) detect and can connect to it with no problem. Maybe I should have described my problem more thoroughly.

Yes. And after that, my LG V30 does not detect the SSID (something like "Mavic-Air_XXXXXX") while two other phones, right beside, (Samsung S8 and Nexus 5) detect and can connect to it with no problem. Maybe I should have described my problem more thoroughly.

I missed the bit where you said it was detected by another phone!

If it’s any consolation the Crystal Sky won’t detect it either!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe