DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starting from scratch! Hello!

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
What ever you fly, learn to fly the drone first. Speaking for my self, I had to take classes to learn about drones, how they work. Sounds like you have a head start on that, also a quick learner. You can start by looking up info in Mavic Help and Mavic tips. Study the manuals carefully. Choosing the right drone for you, only you can decide that. Here is the reason to choose wisely.Take for instance the MM, its a great little drone. But the MM does not benefit from having Ocusync, which means its signal is more prone to interference from high WIFI areas. And, other interference, its primary role is to fly as a selfie camera, never designed to fly long distance. Now the Phantom 4 pro has a duel band Ocusync transmission system 2.4ghz/5ghz helps with more stable transmission.Other DJI drones as well. Also, has a very good on board camera.
And, check on line for a check list for your drone. No different then flying the big planes, I have six check list. 1. Pre flight check list (at base)
2. Preflight checklist (in field). 3. Takeoff procedure. 4. After takeoff procedure. 5. After landing check list. 6.Emergency procedure. > VERY IMPORTANT.
Keeping checking this forum daily, you can learn a lot from other pilots mistakes.
So, when you get your bird, keep the rotors pointing up, Fly Safe.

Great info and ideas, especially about the checklist. Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000