DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Drone Insurance

Apparently, the rules for how claims affect future coverage on the drone and other insured properties do vary from state to state.

Do you have a reference on the State Farm website for the other type of policy you mentioned? I find only the personal articles policy. The State Farm agents I've spoken with in Georgia and Mississippi (He's a drone pilot.) say that coverage is offered only via PAP.
I don't have the details of this "policy" and yes it appears to be rare and not widely available. All I know is I had one. I had zero relationship with State Farm, I got on the phone and called a local agent, I asked can they cover my drone, they said they would look into it, they called me back and said yes (but I already knew this from rumors) and they asked me for $80 and a bill of sale receipt and I'm covered for a year. About 10 months in, I had a catastrophic crash and I made a claim for a total loss. They didn't ask for photos, no report, they didn't ask for the drone, they send me a check for the $$$ listed on the submitted receipt. I bought another drone and I started the same exact coverage on the new drone and they approved me only to cancel about two months later saying "prior claims." That was 3 years ago.

The fact that you are in Georgia likely makes no different.
The fact that you and I are talking about two different policies makes all the difference.
I must have missed it, what kind of a policy are you talking about?

I started the same exact coverage on the new drone and they approved me only to cancel about two months later
Kinda sounds like you need a new State Farm agent... the local agents use different Underwriters and the underwriter makes the rules.

Kinda sounds like you need a new State Farm agent... the local agents use different Underwriters and the underwriter makes the rules.
I thought about checking into it again but for now, I'm mostly happy with paying a little more for DJI Care Refresh. I'm no longer new to drones and as a recreational flyer, drone insurance is not exactly at the top of my list.

I don't have the details of this "policy" and yes it appears to be rare and not widely available. All I know is I had one. I had zero relationship with State Farm, I got on the phone and called a local agent, I asked can they cover my drone, they said they would look into it, they called me back and said yes (but I already knew this from rumors) and they asked me for $80 and a bill of sale receipt and I'm covered for a year. About 10 months in, I had a catastrophic crash and I made a claim for a total loss. They didn't ask for photos, no report, they didn't ask for the drone, they send me a check for the $$$ listed on the submitted receipt. I bought another drone and I started the same exact coverage on the new drone and they approved me only to cancel about two months later saying "prior claims." That was 3 years ago.
Ok, so not a State Farm policy.

Ok, so not a State Farm policy.
State Farm.

I just realized this original thread is more than 2 years old so it is very possible things have changed and as mentioned, it's been awhile since I had State Farm coverage. So I cannot speak to how things are today. Any other questions, I'll direct you back to my first post on the topic: State Farm Drone Insurance

I'm mostly happy with paying a little more for DJI Care Refresh.
Does care refresh reimburse you 100% if you're drone gets stolen out of your car? Are you covered if for some reason you lose control and your drone lands in a pond? Mine is.

just realized this original thread is more than 2 years old so it is very possible things have changed
I've had a State Farm pap on all the drones I've owned since 2017. Nothing's changed except the pap used to cost me $60 now it's 80.

Fork me, I'm done

Does care refresh reimburse you 100% if you're drone gets stolen out of your car? Are you covered if for some reason you lose control and your drone lands in a pond? Mine is.
I said "mostly happy" but I don't crash or lose drones anymore so for me, it's mostly about risk. The answer to your question depends on the drone but generally the answer is Yes. You can read all about DJI Care Refresh here: DJI Care Refresh - Support - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S