DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Drone Insurance

I had it. When I had a drone claim they EFT'd the money the very next day. Like any company, they will likely not renew if u have 2 claims in a year. Covers all losses/damage with no deductible. It's part of a personal articles p[olicy. I think u may have to have your home insured with State Farm I do.
You don't have to have homeowners insurance or car insurance with State Farm to get drone insurance, I paid $75 for the year and that covers two losses in one year but I'm sure the rate will go much higher if you have claims and good chance they may not even cover you anymore.

From others' testimony, SF uses their personal articles coverage, with the category of photography.

Eventually they will find that covering drones is too high of a risk. After all it isn't if you'll crash, but when. They just haven't caught on yet.

I've seen insurance excluding items from policies because it was too common a claim and expensive.
My area is prone to sinkholes. All insurance covers catastrophic ground collapse, but many sinkhole issues aren't catastrophic and insurance won't cover those or premiums are ridiculous.
Pool screen enclosures are being excluded these days.

From others' testimony, SF uses their personal articles coverage, with the category of photography.
Interesting. Some underwriters (?) must be using different criteria and categories. I am holding the declarations page in my hand, received two days ago, and it says "Class of Property- Miscellaneous articles as scheduled". I believe they could easily have scheduled drones under photography equipment but I don't think they did it in this case. But I've had various scheduled SF riders over the years, including Jewelry and Musical Instruments, and the declarations pages has always listed them as such in those categories. lly.

You don't have to have homeowners insurance or car insurance with State Farm to get drone insurance, I paid $75 for the year and that covers two losses in one year but I'm sure the rate will go much higher if you have claims and good chance they may not even cover you anymore.
You're right. The drone policy can be stand-alone. I wish I had more/better knowledge of the policy when I got my first Mini as I might have skipped the DJI Care/Refresh. But as I examine the SF policy vs the DJI Care/Refresh, IF SF does pay claims as we believe it should, IMO it might be a better alternative to DJI's program for several reasons I've got both now on my M2P and which I'd saved the $129 that went to DJI as State Farm covers everything, including fly-aways and theft of the drone AND case and other scheduled items that might be in the case, should a theft occur of your kit.

How much State Farm drone insurance cost?

It all depends on what you paid for your drone. But according to the reports of Drone pilots, it’s around $2.75 per $100 insured, sometimes with a $60 mininum. Read the complete article to get complete knowledge about State Farm drone insurance.

Read Full article at State Farm drone insurance.

It all depends on what you paid for your drone. But according to the reports of Drone pilots, it’s around $2.75 per $100 insured, sometimes with a $60 mininum. Read the complete article to get complete knowledge about State Farm drone insurance.

Read Full Article State Farm drone insurance.

I saw my State Farm insurance agent today at lunch and asked him about Drone insurance.
I told him I heard it was $60 and he knew about it as his brother has it .
He was going to check into for me . He said it did say it included liability and replacement.
I’ll keep you posted .
I heard that State Farm does not cover commercial drone pilots or commercial work. So make sure you check on that.

I heard that State Farm does not cover commercial drone pilots or commercial work. So make sure you check on that.
This is correct - commercial drone use is not covered. I have State Form coverage on my drones and have a Pt. 107 and fly under 107 rules but I do not use these drones for commercial work. The policy doesn't say anything about whether the pilot has a part 107 certification.

I saw my State Farm insurance agent today at lunch and asked him about Drone insurance.
I told him I heard it was $60 and he knew about it as his brother has it . Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
He was going to check into for me . He said it did say it included liability and replacement.
I’ll keep you posted .
have sued them many times and they always pay when pressured. But their personal article policy is good. I have one myself.

Last edited:

Read Full Article State Farm drone insurance.

This website uses a State Farm logo in its heading, but it's definitely not published by State Farm. Take the information presented with a grain of salt. There's a lot of irrelevant boilerplate text and some errors, including the suggestion that State Farm writes commercial drone insurance.

I wonder whether this is the “State Farm” company we’re familiar with. For one thing, “state farm drone insurance” is almost always lower-case. For another, the website displays a logo that State Farm Insurance hasn’t used for years. And the contact email address is a Gmail address. I don’t understand how a corporate marketing department would allow such discrepancies.

I wonder whether this is the “State Farm” company we’re familiar with. For one thing, “state farm drone insurance” is almost always lower-case. For another, the website displays a logo that State Farm Insurance hasn’t used for years. And the contact email address is a Gmail address. I don’t understand how a corporate marketing department would allow such discrepancies.
It's definitely not from State Farm Insurance.

I was curious and looked through the entire site. It's written as if the author was being paid by the word, with lots of generic fluff about insurance in general. It appears to be something put together by an individual with no ties to State Farm. I'd suspect a hustle of some sort or links trying to drive traffic to another site with something for sale. But I don't see either. Someone put a bit of effort into creating the site.

That web site is not the one I have a policy with. It looks like a hustle job to me and I would steer clear.

I got all excited about State Farm covering drones. I called my local State Farm which Im already a customer of theirs. They said they dont cover drones. Guessing its not a national thing? Based on if that agent wants to cover it or not?

I got all excited about State Farm covering drones. I called my local State Farm which Im already a customer of theirs. They said they dont cover drones. Guessing its not a national thing? Based on if that agent wants to cover it or not?
Ask your State Farm agent about their Personal Articles Policy. They don't have a "drone policy", they have a policy that includes drones.

Just remember, if you file a claim against a Personal Articles Policy, it could cause your rates for other policies to go up. That depends on the insurance laws in your state. Ask your agent before signing up for a policy what the potential consequences are if you were to file a claim.

Ask your State Farm agent about their Personal Articles Policy. They don't have a "drone policy", they have a policy that includes drones.

Just remember, if you file a claim against a Personal Articles Policy, it could cause your rates for other policies to go up. That depends on the insurance laws in your state. Ask your agent before signing up for a policy what the potential consequences are if you were to file a claim.
But they do have "drone insurance" just not everywhere. Another option is to go with their Personal Articles Policy as you mentioned. There are people who live in certain locations who have zero relationship with St Farm and at the end of the day, can pay $80 for a year to cover one drone with full replacement costs just for submitting a bill of sale (receipt) as proof. Generally, one claim and you're paid and cancelled.

But they do have "drone insurance" just not everywhere. Another option is to go with their Personal Articles Policy as you mentioned. There are people who live in certain locations who have zero relationship with St Farm and at the end of the day, can pay $80 for a year to cover one drone with full replacement costs just for submitting a bill of sale (receipt) as proof. Generally, one claim and you're paid and cancelled.
State Farm's coverage for drones is written under a personal articles policy at a rate of 3 to 4% of the agreed value of the insured item. It's the same coverage offered for other personal property items such as cameras and jewelry.

Generally, one claim and you're paid and cancelled.

Just remember, if you file a claim against a Personal Articles Policy, it could cause your rates for other policies to go up.
Recently it was time to renew my PAP policy with SF. My agent contacted me and told me the debit card on file was expired. I got a new card late last Friday and called this morning, gave the agent my new number, and asked him two questions. His answers are as follows.

1. If I make a claim on the PAP it does NOT cancel. Coverage on that drone is dropped and I can get a new drone and add it back to the same pap.
2. I also have home and auto with State Farm. If I make a claim on the PAP, the premium on my other policies do NOT increase.

I'm in the state of Georgia if that makes any difference or not I don't.

Recently it was time to renew my PAP policy with SF. My agent contacted me and told me the debit card on file was expired. I got a new card late last Friday and called this morning, gave the agent my new number, and asked him two questions. His answers are as follows.

1. If I make a claim on the PAP it does NOT cancel. Coverage on that drone is dropped and I can get a new drone and add it back to the same pap.
2. I also have home and auto with State Farm. If I make a claim on the PAP, the premium on my other policies do NOT increase.

I'm in the state of Georgia if that makes any difference or not I don't.
The fact that you are in Georgia likely makes no different.
The fact that you and I are talking about two different policies makes all the difference.

The fact that you are in Georgia likely makes no different.
The fact that you and I are talking about two different policies makes all the difference.
Apparently, the rules for how claims affect future coverage on the drone and other insured properties do vary from state to state.

Do you have a reference on the State Farm website for the other type of policy you mentioned? I find only the personal articles policy. The State Farm agents I've spoken with in Georgia and Mississippi (He's a drone pilot.) say that coverage is offered only via PAP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots