DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm insurance

It's not specifically drone coverage. It's personal property coverage, of which your personal property is a drone. You can include your laptop and portable HD with it too, as long as its within the policy property value limit.

The only reason the drone might be looked at differently is because the risk of loss is rather high compared to other portable property.

Sounds about right lol. You ask 3 different people at DJI and get 3 different answers. Here’s a recent chat I had with their support. Seemed like it should of been a pretty easy question.

d9824071e9bb8983bab49fd9876e2efb.jpg
I think the agreement has the original two replacements expire when the original refresh does. The only thing that seems to span the two is the extended warranty coverage.
Refresh: no extended warranty (I was surprised about that)
Refresh+: extended warranty at time of purchase until end of refresh+ term.

The agreement language does take some interpretation.

60.00 in the hudson valley of new york with state farm, 1 phantom and 2 mavic pros and listed in policy is my ipad mini 4 and all batteries,aftermarket chargers and all drone related

My State Farm agent put together a policy for all of my DJI stuff, P4P, MA, Goggles, Cases, Batteries etc total of $5500 full replacement value $65 per year. It did require her to do a bit of extra work but when it was done I was impressed enough with her efforts I asked her to look at my other insurance. I ended up going with State Farm for everything I have, saving hundreds of $ a year. I’m now a State Farm fan boy. Thumbswayup

Statefarm just informed me that they have raised their rates for 2019 to 75.00 for drones. I am in Georgia
I too got a quote for $75. They made a point of telling me that it DOES NOT cover commercial operations, which I knew, but here's a question. Does my being a Part 107 pilot mean that EVERY flight is commercial, or do I need to pick and choose with each flight if it's a for fun flight or a for $$ flight!

I live in California and have my Part 107. I was thinking about getting an umbrella policy in case the drone caused some damage, but I'd like to be able to replace the drone as well...Not sure what to do.

I live in California and have my Part 107. I was thinking about getting an umbrella policy in case the drone caused some damage, but I'd like to be able to replace the drone as well...Not sure what to do.

My solutions are multiple:
1. State Farm for "Hull value" Recreational Flights only
2. Homeowners policy for liability. Recreational Flights only
3. Skywatch for commercial work. Liability ONLY
4. Hull Value for Commercial work. Probably just self-insure

Does anybody know if the State Farm policies cover the loss of a drone while outside the United States? As an example if I live inside the United States with a State Farm policy and I travel to the British Virgin Islands and lose the Drone would that be covered?

This has been covered in several threads but just wanted to let all the new drone owners in on a little secret. State Farm offers drone coverage under a personal article policy for 60 dollars a year. They covered the entire price of the Mavic 2 Zoom, Fly More kit, and RE goggles. 0 deductible and covers the drone if it’s lost or stolen as well. Highly recommend over DJI Refresh.
Cool! I'm sure that they are much easier to get around than DJI. DJI's drones are awesome but the customer service is the worst I've ever seen!

I picked up SF for $60 (drone plus fly more package) in Bama $60 is the min policy so I just added it all. I also have DJI Care. I figure if I have the drone I will use the DJI and if I don't I will claim on SF. May be overkill but it makes me feel better when flying. I would still prefer to not use either :)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I picked up SF for $60 (drone plus fly more package) in Bama $60 is the min policy so I just added it all. I also have DJI Care. I figure if I have the drone I will use the DJI and if I don't I will claim on SF. May be overkill but it makes me feel better when flying. I would still prefer to not use either :)
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum with the fly more combo. Will it still be $60 to insure it?

Just bought my Drone policy from State Farm in Milford Ohio. $60.00 for one year. Everything that I own for my drone is covered, zero deductable.

Reactions: Ynksfan27
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven