DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stationary antenna for wildlife monitoring

kenken

Reactions
HI All, I run a nature conservancy in Africa and am looking to utilize one or more mavic 3's for anti-poaching ranger support on patrols. Please before anyone brings up BVLOS this is a very large conservancy with nothing but wildlife and no issues with LOS. I am keen to mount an antenna on the security office which can link to a large display (LED TV) within the security office. The plan is to have one ranger spotting while the other controls the drone and monitors the video feed from within the office. Can anyone recommend the equipment and connections that would be required to create such a set up? I imagine we are looking at an omnidirectional antenna, cable and adapters to link the controller to the aerial and to the TV. Ideally one would be able to plug and unplug the controller form the stationery set up so that the drone could also be used in the field. Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Reactions: Gringorio
I would contact some local ham radio operators in your area. They know how to build the antenna platforms and fine tune the antenna to the required frequency.

HI All, I run a nature conservancy in Africa and am looking to utilize one or more mavic 3's for anti-poaching ranger support on patrols. Please before anyone brings up BVLOS this is a very large conservancy with nothing but wildlife and no issues with LOS. I am keen to mount an antenna on the security office which can link to a large display (LED TV) within the security office. The plan is to have one ranger spotting while the other controls the drone and monitors the video feed from within the office. Can anyone recommend the equipment and connections that would be required to create such a set up? I imagine we are looking at an omnidirectional antenna, cable and adapters to link the controller to the aerial and to the TV. Ideally one would be able to plug and unplug the controller form the stationery set up so that the drone could also be used in the field. Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
As @sar104 stated - I'd look at other drones for that purpose. If wanting small - the Air2S is a great drone with nice camera and good range.

You may even want to look at the DJI Inspire line of drones too. Not like small drones in the Mavic line, but a lot of government agency types use larger drones for a purpose like you seek for many reasons. While more expensive, you can also typically outfit with different cameras for whatever you're trying to do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000