DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stay Away From This Item

Spanishcop

Reactions
Stay away from this item

Quantum DJI Mavic Pro Battery Terminal Cover / Charge Indicator Q-Q-0052

I purchased 2 packs for a total of 8 covers.... Not one of these fits any of the batteries of the Mavic Pro. The tabs inside that are supposed to go in the hole are way to big. They are also a plastic cheap material that slide right off. Maybe if they were rubber could have been trimmed and non-slip. But these things are horrible.

I purchased mine from Fast Lads. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND these covers.

Just trying to save you pain and suffering. I needed these for my trip to Europe.... I'm hoping I can find replacements in time before my trip. I don't expect to get my money back for these and surely are not worth putting a stamp to send back!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: RobP62
Ordered different Terminal Covers for Mavic Batteries and the Mavic itself from Dynamic 3D Solutions...... just hope they arrive in time and we have luck on the fitting.

Ordered different Terminal Covers for Mavic Batteries and the Mavic itself from Dynamic 3D Solutions...... just hope they arrive in time and we have luck on the fitting.
I have a set of covers for my batteries from Dynamic3D..also ordered an extra gimbal cover..they work well..you will be glad you ordered from them...they did a very good job..

What is the point of these covers? I'm not trying to discredit them, I know the function, to cover the terminals from shorting out. I just use the simple rule, put them in the case or where ever you carry them so there is no metal things that can contact them.

Is it required to have the terminals covered on spare batteries when you take them on a plane?
I just think its more to carry around and get lost somewhere.

Reactions: Kilrah
They make no sense at all.
Firstly the contacts are deep enough to naturally protect against shorts like any other removable battery, and secondly the contacts aren't even energized in the first place when the battery is off.

Good business though.

They make no sense at all.
Firstly the contacts are deep enough to naturally protect against shorts like any other removable battery, and secondly the contacts aren't even energized in the first place when the battery is off.

Good business though.

Ill get my nephew to print a bunch and we can sell them to people. He just bought a 3d printer and is getting orders for "spinners" from schoolmates, $15 bux each, which is the cost of a half a spool of the big spool of plastic that's used to print it, but only a small fraction is used to make the spinners. People would buy anything.

What is the point of these covers? I'm not trying to discredit them, I know the function, to cover the terminals from shorting out. I just use the simple rule, put them in the case or where ever you carry them so there is no metal things that can contact them.

Is it required to have the terminals covered on spare batteries when you take them on a plane?
I just think its more to carry around and get lost somewhere.

Where I am it is required to have the terminals covered when flying. Not sure about Europe.

Well I agree with many of you... When I spoke to Delta Airlines they recommended this when flying. Precautionary reasons... I agree it probably doesn't need them... But if I can get thru TSA and Delta to fly to Europe and back to USA with flying colors they will be worth it to me.

Sooooo that's why I'm buying them. On top of the covers each battery is in its own lipo fire proof bag.

So I may be going above and beyond, but feel better when they see I'm taking all the precautionary steps.

Also flying internationally you just never know what to expect in other countries and I rather be safe then to be sorry. I want to enjoy my vacation and not having to spend time finding some of this stuff upon request and end up having to leave $89 Batteries behind vs $15 for 8 covers.

Again.... I don't think it's necessary for everyone but rather be safe then sorry traveling overseas.

Mike

Last edited:
I bought a set of these for a trip to Iceland last week and as the OP says, they are truly rubbish. I had to cut the internal tab out to get them to even go over the lipo terminal but then they were too loose. RC Geeks sold them but reckoned that nobody else had complained about them.. o_O

Myeh, my design beat them all.

DJI Mavic Battery Terminal cover

Thanks...I just printed that STL.

I don't have a battery here at work, seems a little small, it could just be perception. I'll give it a go when I get home.

battcap.jpg

So I recieved a message about these covers from the vendor and he stated they were the old version and he is sending me new version now. I'll update once they get here... However long that may take.

Mike

When I fly abroad later this year I plan on using bright colored gaffer's tape to cover the leads. Its easy to get off and wont leave any sticky residue on the lipos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000