DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STAY HOME YES, NO,

Please in my previous reply you have to read;
I'am << also>> in a "health" situation (let's suppose...)

I've been staying home with the missus and my 7 month old daughter since I was laid off in March because of this. Had the chance to spin the props of my P4 in the backyard the other day for the first time since my daughter was born. A brother in Florida as well as a sister here in Toronto have covid19 and it is no joke. I already buried one brother in February and don't want to bury another sibling anytime soon.
Stay physically distant!
Stay home!
Stay safe!

• Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
don't know how true but the news channel here (Clearwater) Florida, channel 8 says that it's unlawful to go anywhere except to the grocery or drug store. seems like !@#$%^&*()!~@#$%^&*() to me.
but who am I. I haven't flown for 3 weeks, bummer, bummer. I'm waiting for my $1200, the Gov says I"m to get. I think I will go to the liquor store and stock up on my friend Jack. O happy days are here again.
Just got done flying at the Belleair launching ramp (Just south of Clwt). Largo police just watched. Not crowded like weekends. Can fly the beaches too, if you can find a way to get on it as the accesses are closed. I have friends that live on the beach so I’m ok to fly there. Alone! ?

Me staying home working on garden, go for a ride in the burbs in areas where no people around
fly my drone every couple weeks. Help encourage other people using phone, Zoom, Face Time, Google Duo, Skype. Trying to be a good neighbor, helping those that may be low on food, just putting money in their door. Those, that have resources like having two nice cars, encourage them to sell one so they have money to put food on the table. Keeping busy not bored, weeks go by like mad, don't know where the time went. Studying for my pilots test as well, hope you all are safe, and applying social distancing. Its interesting how many people still do not realize how serious this is.

Go to work at a large airport five days a week (for an airline), went from 130 plus flights daily to about 40 (even lower flight schedule soon) a week with very few customers. Sending many aircraft to the desert in AZ for storage, and parking many here. Can't fly @ home due to airspace restrictions and all the parks NOT in classified airspace are closed. Still have a job at the moment, and thankfully those closest to to me are still healthy. Those of you who think you can't run at 60 must have more sense than I do, only stress management I have left and the best way to clear my head (besides being under water). Please be safe, take this seriously, and stay well!

Reactions: timinator
I'm still going to work, my job is considered essential so under a lot of pressure to crank out the work. We're homebound otherwise, no grocery shopping or traveling. We always have 3 plus months of shelf stable foods available so we're good. On my days off I head out to isolated areas to fly. Exercise 3 or 4 days a week at home. I had to cancel my gym membership of 5 years and they closed this month. Now I've seen where it's may not seasonal and this may be the new norm.

you are supposed to stay home, only go to grocery store or drug store,
my question? what are you doing now?

you are supposed to stay home, only go to grocery store or drug store,
my question? what are you doing now?
I'm a bird and squirrel watcher, please don't laugh, my property is loaded with very large oak trees, and it's full of squirrels and birds, one could go stir crazy if you had to sit around all day and couldn't leave the property, (I'm told the leaving the property except for going to get groceries or prescriptions you could be fined up to $1000.) I have bird houses all over the place, about a dozen, and squirrel feeding stations,
I cook, my wife doesn't, she could burn water, been married 68 years, yep 68 (I enjoy cooking), I have a halve dozen DJI drones, been flying my Sparks around the front of the house and over the development, do this from my driveway. fly my Spark using the litchi app, can't fly my Mavic mini, I'm to close to a large airport, (the mini doesn't support litchi), hope that DJI changes that.
stay safe and stay healthy

Reactions: Thomas B
I’ve been flying a fair amount since the lockdown. It’s been a great opportunity to get video footage I couldn’t have done otherwise. While I understand the critical nature of the situation, there seems little risk going outside into nature. Hike, Bike, kayak, drone, etc. I’m adapting to the risk, but staying locked up inside isn't the only option. The greatest risk seems to be going to the grocery, unavoidable because delivery services are overwhelmed. I have my protections.

Lock down is a two edged sword. I live in a rural part of North Shropshire (UK) with an area of approx 6000 acres of farmland (mainly grass) to fly over. My nearest neighbour is 1/2 mile away so when ever the wind has dropped I have been out getting to grips with the Pro. For two days running I have had the whole area to myself.
As Xmas was my first alone for forty years I combined two birthday presents and an Xmas present to myself and bought the bird..
Now its just a case of getting my eighty year old fingers to coordinate and enjoy learning a new skill. I have found that the ducks and geese on a stretch of open water seem to ignore the Pro so sneaking up and videoing them has become a challenge

Reactions: Jeff A and Thanev
Just staying home and doing all my editing on the photography side of things, portraits and fashion stuff, I am retired so a little easier for me to be at home, I just bought my Mavic Pro 2 just about a month ago and I am lucky enough to fly it from the back yard over to the 2 parks across the road from me and I can also fly to the railway tracks behind me, just learning about taking off, landing and flying short distances taking some raw images and some video and learning how to edit video, so the lockdown for me in the U.K. is ok at the moment, Stay Safe Everyone

Oh, by the way, we have managed to binge watch FAUDA on Netflix and are now going to watch another series starting tonight.
Just added FAUDA to my Netflix List. Any other recommendations?

Last edited:
I’m still going out to work. They’ve furloughed 75% of our drivers but I can multitask and drive plant as well as trucks.

Not flown the mini for over a month due to the weather. Can’t use cameras at work for security reasons so can’t fly there during the week. But I’m working there alone tomorrow so it’ll be drone time. I’m looking forward to it. Being paid to fly.

Other than that I’m following all the social distancing rules.

Stay safe everyone. Don’t take risks just for a bit of flying. But fly when you can.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Thanev
Im in Fort Worth Texas we are to shelter in place but I see a lot of people together in the parks in the surrounding area. I just received my new Mavic Mini and would like to get outside and try it out but I know I should wait till we get the all clear but who knows when that day will come? I guess I will have to settle for watching YouTube drone videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams