DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STAY HOME YES, NO,

I live in the Boston area (a suburb) I have been flying the mini almost every day, weather permitting, I live right next to a softball field and often fly there or just from the backyard. We are in a voluntary lockdown. We can still go to grocery stores, hardware stores and liquor stores so I don't see a problem with flying the drone. We do have an order of no more than 10 people in a group and 6 foot distance from others (try doing that in any store). I believe today the Governor ordered all people in public must wear a face mask and they are starting to issue tickets for groups of ten or more. Crazy world. I do have a pretty bad case of diarrhea going on 2 weeks now and my wife looked it up and said it is a rare symptom of Corona virus, so she made me call the doctor's office. The said eat bananas and riceo_O nothing mentioned of Corona which is great cause I don't want the quarantine police visiting me:)

Staying home other than for essentials, delivering shopping to my parents, and daily exercise (and even then, I often just do that in my garden).

Haven't flown my drone since the UK went into lockdown, which is *really* frustrating since we've probably had more perfect flying days here while been in lockdown than we got during all of last year's seemingly perpetual wind and drizzle combined... :mad:

I totally agree about the weather in the UK, FRUSTRATING!

Reactions: old man mavic
Not much change for me, I work alone in my fab shop so work is normal. I drone alone so that's cool. Fly fishing is also a solitary sport along with motorcycling and bicycling. I just built an electric bike. the key is stay away from whatever people touch and keep a sandwich bag with an alcohol soaked rag for constant disinfecting. Common sense is the key. The only thing keeping people sane right now is good solitary hobbies.

Reactions: Tallcool64
We go for walks. But when we do I bring my drone. Sometimes I can fly it. Other times I can’t. Depends how many people are around.
My next flight I have planned near a monastery, and there is a closed pub nearby that I hopes parking lot isn’t taped off :)

I use my drone for a good purpose: I take it just high enough to check how many cars are parked at my local supermarket. If it is quiet enough I go there for some quick shopping! If not I stay home... Never ever I thought of this application for my drone!
PS I live in The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZAtony and smsi330
I am lucky to live on the urban edge (Capetown SA) with a lot of open space next door. We are in week three of five lock-down and we haven't left the house other than one trip for medical supplies. I have been able to fly most days.

in my 4th week of isolation now ,and somehow my darling wife is still alive (joke) i have a little syma indoor drone that i use in winter and i have been flying it in the garden for the last two days,in this glorious weather, have two batteries which take a good hour to charge using two chargers and then i get about 6 to 7 mins flight time per battery, no GPS so it will blow about in any sort of wind ,but its great fun and reminds me how good having GPS is, and most of all it is getting out for some fresh air, because of my age and my medical issues i am not allowed to go out from my home at all, just another 8 weeks to go i hope
I think going to a empty field where social distancing is not a problem, when nobody is around, you should be ok. Unless your local government says otherwise. In these times, we need to use common sense.

I have flown my drones and aircraft more in the last 2 weeks than the last 4 Mos
Weather has improved and the schools being closed has helped a bunch. Lots of open spaces with no problem with social distancing.People watch from a distance.I have landed numerous aircraft near people with their permission and I instructed them not to get too close,so they can view them.Kids love it.

I think going to a empty field where social distancing is not a problem, when nobody is around, you should be ok. Unless your local government says otherwise. In these times, we need to use common sense.
in the UK going to a place to fly my drone is not allowed as it is not classed as essential travel even if i was miles from anyone else

in my 4th week of isolation now ,and somehow my darling wife is still alive (joke) i have a little syma indoor drone that i use in winter and i have been flying it in the garden for the last two days,in this glorious weather, have two batteries which take a good hour to charge using two chargers and then i get about 6 to 7 mins flight time per battery, no GPS so it will blow about in any sort of wind ,but its great fun and reminds me how good having GPS is, and most of all it is getting out for some fresh air, because of my age and my medical issues i am not allowed to go out from my home at all, just another 8 weeks to go i hope
I was looking for my brother inlaw , my sister said he was out in the garden, I said I didn't find him there, she told me to dig deeper. :p

I am flying in my home. It's not the most exciting (very slow), but I am completely new at flying drones so it is good enough for me to start developing muscle memory. I am really anxious to get out in the open and do some real flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom