DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stick control issue Mavic 3

EagleHead

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Mavic 3 Preflight, compass cal, IMU cal, 11 sats gps, update check Temp 15°f, home point set.
Obst Avoid set to bypass.
Dark landing pad set in stark white snow background.

In my beginning hover, 12 ft agl, I discovered the stick input for left lateral movement caused the aircraft to jump in altitude.

I landed and shut down.

Any thoughts on this from you experienced pilots ?

Check the stick mode for the controller, you may have accidentally switched it from the default.

Reactions: EagleHead
I am thinking that this is a sensor issue and you started to panic change the sensor by to break an see if that works, When ever you set your sensor to bypass you need to know in advance that your drone is going to be doing all kind of Top Gun School maneuver's.. that you need to be aware of.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water

When that happens to me, and it does, its because obstacle avoidance is on and it "sees" my car and attempts to bypass it. Or it sees me and my visual observer and tries to bypass us. Can make landings difficult. I accept it because I really like the obstacle avoidance bypass outside of landing and/or taking off. Cheers!

Taking off in BYPASS mode my Mavic 3 really does TOP GUN SCHOOL MANUVERS but with no pilot in the cockpit. That was a brilliant way to describe what happens. Mine will shoot up 30-40 feet instantly sometimes and fly totally wonky until it gets to a higher altitude. The sticks are totally useless for a few seconds. You just have to be careful that you have an open area above you on takeoff.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead