DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stick error

Patrickmich

Reactions
Have had about 20 flights, took it to florida -always at my side in a hard shell case-inside case is foam cut outs. Did an upgrade before flight then stick-error, beep beep, couldn’t remedy. Tried everything over last 2 months with no luck. Calibration impossible because left stick is dead. Right stick is fine. Deleted app, reloaded, same problem. New remote $375, not much out there for a fix.
Any ideas?

Reactions: Former Member
Have had about 20 flights, took it to florida -always at my side in a hard shell case-inside case is foam cut outs. Did an upgrade before flight then stick-error, beep beep, couldn’t remedy. Tried everything over last 2 months with no luck. Calibration impossible because left stick is dead. Right stick is fine. Deleted app, reloaded, same problem. New remote $375, not much out there for a fix.
Any ideas?
It really sounds like the left stick in the controller is not making contact inside. Wait for more comments and then decide whether to open and look for a loose wire or connection or do a warranty repair order.

Any ideas?

New controller is alot less than that and I can repair it for even less. Where are you located?

New remote per amazon $375. I will take apart but I m far from an expert.
Patrickmich, Thunderdrones is very good at what he does and reasonable. He helped me with my Spark. But maybe you'll find just a loose wire when you open up the controller. Hope it is something so simple. Sure "seems" like that stick is not able to "connect."

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm having the same kind of issue. Haven't flown much since the winter and flew a few weeks ago. Updated firmware and batteries two weeks ago. Flew three batteries with no issues.

I go to fly today and I get "stick error" and told to calibrate sticks. My left stick won't go above 95 in the top direction so I can't reach the blue ball. I tried offsetting the center point before hitting "OK" to start and that doesn't help. I blew air around the left stick in case debris was there. I've never dropped or gotten the controller wet and it hasn't been heavily used. I'm not sure what to do. I think it's a software glitch and not a mechanical malfunction. I'm charged and ready to go today and I'm now grounded. Hmmmm....

Yea, that's not it. I'm sitting in my house like I have 100s of times with both my Inspire2 controller and my Mavic Pro controller. I'm guessing it's defective. I'll write DJI, I have my 2nd year of Refresh active.

Mine start acting up too. Neverending beeps, I tried to calibrate but right stick doesn't have any single response. I tore down my RC, swapped out the sticks, right on the left seems working left stick on the right no response therefore it's not the stick causing all this mess. I ordered a right dial board, I believe that's causing the problem. I'll update you guys as soon as I get my dial board if that's really the cause of this annoying stick error problem. Fall foliage in our town is so pretty but I can't put up my drone due to this problem. DJI is a Chinese company, their engineers are good but customer service is worst.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000