DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still having take off issues

barrybcar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I posted before about the M3P flipping most of the time when trying to takeoff. (YES THE PROPS ARE ON CORRECTLY AND MULTIPLE SETS OF PROPS HAVE BEEN SWAPPED TRYING TO RESOLVE)
What’s weird is that I can use the auto takeoff all day long with absolutely no issues. But nearly every time I manually takeoff I get a prop warning and it will flip.

While I love all the autonomous features, I much prefer to be in manual control as much as possible and have seldom used the auto takeoff feature on any of my drones over the past 5 years.

Thoughts?

Please bear with me and don't take these questions wrong BUT
1. How exactly are you taking off manually- in detail ( are you fast on the throttle or do you slowly get it going)
You see if you are getting that behavior from that in manual there is NO reason that would be different using auto ( the drone would flip regardless)

2. Are you using O.E.M. props or something that looks like them and "should" work? if Not -Trash the props and get some DJI props.

If you can sensibly see no reason for this to be happening and you seem to have experience, I would NOT fly that drone at all, and I would contact DJI before it hurts you or worse yet someone else. If it is doing this on takeoff I see no reason why it can't in midair.

I start it with both sticks down and out. The only time I can sometimes get it off the ground is if I kinda “feather” the lift. Once in the air all seems normal.

Needless to say, I haven’t gone more than about 50 feet up and no more than about 75 feet away. Very frustrating.
Props are either OEM or MAS. I’ve had more success with manual liftoff with the MAS.
I’m a very conservative pilot and never have had any issues like this with any of my other drones (4 M2Ps, mini, air)

Reactions: Cafguy
from your description of the issue it appears to be an ESC issue, in as much that when you move the throttle stick up to lift off , there is a slight delay between different motors all spooling up together, this can be also caused if it is windy or if the ground beneath the drone is not reasonably level ,on an auto take off ,probably because the IMU is controlling the speed of the motors as they spool up, its able to compensate quicker and correct things before it lifts off

I would open a ticket with DJI. I have never used auto takeoff (or RTH) even once with my Mavic 3 Pro for over 50 flights and have never experienced anything even remotely similar to this.

My only suggestion to try is find someone with a compatible RC and try to fly with a different RC. If auto takeoff works and manual will not then it has to be a stick/calibration issue. Clearly a problem with the RC and likely not the aircraft.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks guys.
I will try to make time tomorrow to do a manual takeoff and an automated one and post logs for comparisons.

@Yorkshire_Pud an RC calibration says “successful“. (Twice)
Funny but this is the first time I’ve ever calibrated an RC. Never had reason to before. Learned something new.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Thanks guys.
I will try to make time tomorrow to do a manual takeoff and an automated one and post logs for comparisons.

@Yorkshire_Pud an RC calibration says “successful“. (Twice)
Funny but this is the first time I’ve ever calibrated an RC. Never had reason to before. Learned something new.
This is not normal. Do not waste your time and energy trying to solve the mystery. Send it back to where you bought it from or directly to DJI repair centre.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne