DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still no Anti-Collision Light?

robc007

Reactions
I'm just shocked the latest aircraft design Air 3 doesn't have required night flying equipment on board. That's one of the drawbacks I would consider at this price point.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Why should it?
Night flights are not permitted in some countries, it would be a wasted expense and weight in those countries or do you expect DJI to produce two models?
RID is a wasted expense and weight in all but one country yet we don’t expect DJI to produce one model with RID and one model without.

Reactions: robc007
RID is a wasted expense and weight in all but one country yet we don’t expect DJI to produce one model with RID and one model without.
I imagine politicians will add restrictions without a micro-second's thought but I doubt they will repeal existing restriction so readily, i.e. I suspect the ban on night flight will remain in those countries that have such a ban, whereas I can quite easily imagine RID compliance being introduced in countries that, at the moment, do not require it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
The market is awash with add-on strobe lights so while one day you might see them already included, probably not anytime soon. DJI happy to allow the 3rd party accessory market to step up for now.

Reactions: Torque
RID is just part of the firmware for the SDR. DJI doesn't have to produce different models to switch that on or off. Just like they don't have to create different models to support the transmission range difference between the US and EU markets.

What would have been nice if DJI had a standard light/accessory port that would open a market for 3rd party lights or sensors that could just attach to the top or bottom of the drone.

They would also want to update the controller app to detect something attached and be able to power it on or off.

Some countries?!?!!?

How about almost all of their market? 😁
Night flights are legal in Canada.

To keep yourself and others safe, fly your drone:
  • where you can always see it
    • You can fly at night if you have lights on your drone

I wish the Mini 3 had better lights, because I have some night shots I want to do but add-on lights would bring it over 250 g (and for the shots I want, I need to fly a sub-250 g drone to meet the rest of the regulations).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23