DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen mavic

Rnl

Reactions
Is there away to track it to recover

Does the track my drone in go4 come up with anything or is it just last coordinates from that phone?

Sorry to hear. I hate thievery. Might be worth a trip to the local pawn shops that are closest to where the theft happened. At the very least you could alert them to the theft and to be on the lookout for it. Act fast, because the thief will want to turn it into money as fast as they can. Check the local classifieds too. Maybe even the local hobby shops (if you are lucky to still have them).

Maybe post more details here so that others in the community can be on the lookout.

Reactions: Steveyg777
Hey can fly it with out the controller yes there are ways around everything

Sorry to hear. I hate thievery. Might be worth a trip to the local pawn shops that are closest to where the theft happened. At the very least you could alert them to the theft and to be on the lookout for it. Act fast, because the thief will want to turn it into money as fast as they can. Check the local classifieds too. Maybe even the local hobby shops (if you are lucky to still have them).

Maybe post more details here so that others in the community can be on the lookout.
Pawn shops? No. Doesn't work like that anymore; maybe in 1970 but not anymore.

Try sites like Craigslist, Backpage,and offer up.

Depending on jurisdiction, pawn shops are heavily regulated and those pawning must provide valid ID and sign off on the serial numbers and or detailed description of what they are selling. The pawn shop then must retain a detailed log for Police inspection.

Most theives know this and will not risk being filmed walking into a pawn shop, provide valid photo State/Gov issued ID, and the sign a receipt log of the items they've stolen.

Riiight...no one ever takes stolen items to a pawn shop. LOL!

Drug addicted thieves do not think logically and there are still pawn shops that don't mind dealing with shady characters (I know, shocking). Just google news search for "Stolen items found at pawnshop" if you don't believe me.

For example:

Neighbor’s video helps police catch car burglar
Well if your reading comprehension was as adept as your smart *** attitude, you would have read where I said "most theives know this..." and pawn shops regulations are dependent on "jurisdiction".

I didn't say it couldn't happen or infer so. My response was that, again, most theives know pawn shops are dangerous places for them and try new modern and anonymous places like Craigslist and Backpage to sell their stolen items.

You literally wrote "No. Doesn't work like that anymore."
You've done this to me before where you don't add the rest of what I posted.

Yes, I said "Doesn't work like that anymore". But further expounded to conclude that pawn shops are not totally unregulated as they once were. Thought that would be understood. Guess not.

"Doesn't work like that anymore" wasn't the last thing I said. Was it? Plus if you read the article Buzzy posted you will see thats how the thief was positively identified.

He was ID'd from the pawn shop.

Need more explanation?

Couldn't dji find it if they get app and fly it

Liar and a thief can't stand them! Worked hard to earn and save for a toy for me and they take it in my drive way .

A friends Phantom was stolen about 12 months ago, he lives in Newmarket which is a relatively small town, he posted some ads on Kiji & posters around the town -" Phantom lost, reward for return" & sure enough he got an email asking- How much reward?
Long story short, he got his Phantom back after exchanging money with one guy & being told where his phantom was on a park bench close by. Very happy guy until he discovered the Phantom in question wasn't his stolen drone!!

Reactions: SunnyD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique