DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stop the rot before it gets worse.

THE CYBORG

Reactions
Until very recently I thought Mavic Pilots was one of the very few Forums that doesn't belittle people for bad spelling, incorrect grammar, bad English or use the usual can’t you use search rather than give an answer.

Unfortunately over the last few days I have noticed quite a few posts where some members would rather pick a post apart than offer help.

Personally I couldn’t care less and gladly accept help from anyone who takes the trouble to offer it regardless of any bad wording or spelling, if someone has a problem I will do my best to give advice but would stop posting if I got berated for my incorrect spelling or grammar.

We are an international community and more country's don't have English as the first language than do.

Lets stop belittling other members and get on with helping one another as best we can.

Rant over.

Lets stop belittling other members and get on with helping one another as best we can
Welcome to the Internet. The place where some people come and type everything they are thinking -- including those things they would never say in person.

It's a great hope for the future, but probably not something we will ever be able to achieve. This is why we have the help from our great moderators here.

I know our moderators do a great job & don't often get the praise they deserve Thumbswayup

Yes it’s the internet & we will inevitably get the odd moron.

If this thread makes even one of them realise they could stop another member posting by making them feel inadequate then it is worth it.

Until very recently I thought Mavic Pilots was one of the very few Forums that doesn't belittle people for bad spelling, incorrect grammar, bad English or use the usual can’t you use search rather than give an answer.

Unfortunately over the last few days I have noticed quite a few posts where some members would rather pick a post apart than offer help.

Personally I couldn’t care less and gladly accept help from anyone who takes the trouble to offer it regardless of any bad wording or spelling, if someone has a problem I will do my best to give advice but would stop posting if I got berated for my incorrect spelling or grammar.

We are an international community and more country's don't have English as the first language than do.

Lets stop belittling other members and get on with helping one another as best we can.

Rant over.
Bloody well said, that man.

*someone pass the borg a beer, it's on me!*

I know our moderators do a great job & don't often get the praise they deserve Thumbswayup

Yes it’s the internet & we will inevitably get the odd moron.

If this thread makes even one of them realise they could stop another member posting by making them feel inadequate then it is worth it.
We the staff try our hardest to keep a friendly atmosphere within the community.
Occasionally, threads and comment post get out of hand before we can moderate them or take action.
If you happen to notice or feel a post is in question, please feel free to contact any of us in PM and we will take care of it as needed.
We want to continue to be one of the best Drone forum communities in the world.
Thanks to you and everyone here for the support! ;) Thumbswayup

Rant over.
Two different issues here. Yes you are totally correct that we are an international community and we cannot expect those from other countries to have perfect grammar and spelling in something other than their native tongue.

The other issue you brought up is about providing an answer along the lines of "please use the search". I tend to think that in some situations it is a very valid and proper response. I have a few reasons for this:
  • If someone is too impatient (or lazy) to perform a simple search prior to positing a question and that question has been asked literally hundreds of times before, is it not proper to ask them to do a search?
  • For those of us who read almost all the posts on a daily basis, would it be helpful to not see the same question over and over and over and over?
  • For those of us who answer many questions on a daily basis (on a completely voluntary and unpaid basis) isn't it helpful for people to take a minute or two to do a search first and allow us to answer new questions? That surely is more productive than having to answer the same question repeatedly.
I would say the same applies to those who ask questions without ever reading the user manual that comes with their drone. Many questions asked here can be easily answered by reading the manual. In today's world it is unfortunate but may do take the easy way out, and it seems to be easier to just ask a question on the forum rather than doing just a bit of reading and research.

And YES, this is a very well managed site with moderators that do an outstanding job!

We the staff try our hardest to keep a friendly atmosphere within the community.
Occasionally, threads and comment post get out of hand before we can moderate them or take action.
If you happen to notice or feel a post is in question, please feel free to contact any of us in PM and we will take care of it as needed.
We want to continue to be one of the best Drone forum communities in the world.
Thanks to you and everyone here for the support! ;) Thumbswayup
I know & appreciate the work you put in. Thumbswayup

It isn't that insults fly rather some would rather pick up on incorrect spelling / grammar than answer a question, if they take the time for that sort of response they could at least add an answer.

I am a member of a lot of forums and think this is one of the best so wouldn’t like to see it slide by comments that could stop a member posting again, I know it would put me off.

This is one of the better forums I have ever seen, along with a couple of camping forums. Other forums that deal with a lot of political content are the ones that usually get totally out of control with the cheap shots, insults, etc, so I tend to avoid them altogether. When it comes to forums, I'm a lover not a fighter.

The other issue you brought up is about providing an answer along the lines of "please use the search". I tend to think that in some situations it is a very valid and proper response.
In such cases, I find replying with a link to the search results or to a specific thread is most helpful.

It's likely never helpful to reply with nothing more than "please use the search". That also might mean the person replying didn't actually search and check if the sought information can even be found in the search. And if that's the case, that makes such a reply even less helpful.

In such cases, I find replying with a link to the search results or to a specific thread is most helpful.

It's likely never helpful to reply with nothing more than "please use the search". That also might mean the person replying didn't actually search and check if the sought information can even be found in the search. And if that's the case, that makes such a reply even less helpful.
Great point! This is especially not helpful to newer forum members who haven’t quite mastered navigating the site. As a general rule, I try to Google most things before asking questions that may evoke a snarky comment from someone. But this is a place TO ask questions. If we can’t look for support from fellow pilots, then this isn’t really much help at all. Be kind and be informative when you can. Pretty simple way of going about things, I think.

Rant over.
I noticed that as well and thought about leaving the forum. There is enough meanness out in the world without it here. Thanks for addressing it.

I noticed that as well and thought about leaving the forum
Or, use the report button and help make this a better place. The meanness will diminish as those people who cannot seem to control themselves get removed from this site ;)

Reactions: Drone Master
Or, use the report button and help make this a better place. The meanness will diminish as those people who cannot seem to control themselves get removed from this site ;)
I am not saying anyone is doing anything that requires reporting but they find fault for the sake of it.
My point is if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything.
If the message in this thread gets understood & sinks in then it was worth all the responses

A shout out to the moderators and frequent contributors. I really appreciate the Stop Thread action taken when someone is “ off course” shall we say.

Reactions: mereflyer and NonoT
Greetings The Cyborg and all drone flyers
Could not agree with you more - this should be an open friendly forum.
Wish I could speak more than one language.

Rant over.

Thank you Cyborg. My thoughts exactly.

If the message in this thread gets understood & sinks in then it was worth all the responses
Right now. Now, let's just hope we're not preaching to the choir here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54