DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storage best practices.

coop64

Reactions
Hi All,

I have a newbie question about general best practices around storage.

- Do you guys fully charge all batteries (including remote) before putting Mavic away, say during the week, even when you don’t plan to fly?

- when putting Mavic away for more than a week do you keep the battery installed on Mavic or store it without battery?

- Is LiPo safe bag necessary? Even when using original DJI batteries and charger?

Thanks!

Do you guys fully charge all batteries (including remote) before putting Mavic away, say during the week, even when you don’t plan to fly?
You should only be fully charging your batteries if you're going to use them. Otherwise, it would be best to store them like this.

when putting Mavic away for more than a week do you keep the battery installed on Mavic or store it without battery?
Both are okay to do. I usually store my Mavic without the battery installed.

Is LiPo safe bag necessary?
DJI batteries rarely catch on fire. So, it's definitely not a necessity. It's an okay safety measure though.

Reactions: coop64
Hi All,

I have a newbie question about general best practices around storage.

- Do you guys fully charge all batteries (including remote) before putting Mavic away, say during the week, even when you don’t plan to fly?

- when putting Mavic away for more than a week do you keep the battery installed on Mavic or store it without battery?

- Is LiPo safe bag necessary? Even when using original DJI batteries and charger?

Thanks!
I labeled each battery and try to cycle through them to spread out the usage.For example I charge and fly with"A", when done, the next flight uses"B", then "C", etc. I do not store them fully charged, I let the battery self discharge, and charge before use.

Reactions: coop64
It all depends on your flight frequency. I usually fly 1x/week and have my "time to discharge" set to 5 days. Even if that does kick in, it still takes a good 5 days to completely discharge. LIPO bag is just for companies to take your money. The LIPO's of today are much better than in the past.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow