DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange camera problems

rafthebee

Reactions
hey guys. I just got my new mavick pro and at my first flight I saw some strange camera problems. does anyone know what's the problem? do I need a new mavick pro?
I uploaded the video here:

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: used multiple phones

What device are you using? LG G6, a wiko upulse and a samsung galaxy j5

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? no

Last edited:
It's a known problem with the current version of Go4 android app. If you look at video from the SD card in the mavic itself you will find it is perfect.

You can install an earlier version of Go4 to get round this, there's a number of posts here describing how to do it.

Your video looks like the cache version on the phone, which has been affected by the device struggling to cope or possibly cable issues.
Try a known good cable to the bottom USB. (remove side one completely)
Restart the device just beforehand to minimise background processes.
Turn off onboard cache so there's one less thing for it to cope with.
Your recording on the SD card likely will be perfect already

Reactions: Former Member
Your video looks like the cache version on the phone, which has been affected by the device struggling to cope or possibly cable issues.
Try a known good cable to the bottom USB. (remove side one completely)
Restart the device just beforehand to minimise background processes.
Turn off onboard cache so there's one less thing for it to cope with.
Your recording on the SD card likely will be perfect already

Thumbswayup

I think its due to your mobile device... I used my wiko for my first flight and I was was really diapointed to seen the same image on my device's screen...
Maybe tour phone is not enough powerful to run DJIGO 4, which need more and more device ressources to run correctly ...
I bought a more powerful phone, that I dedicated to DJIGO, and now it's all good!

Thanks a lot for your replies!
The Camera footage on the sd-card is perfect, i dont see anything wrong here. changing some settings in the dji app and trying to make free as much resources as possible fixed the problem for me (almost). i have some problems in the video stream frmo time to time but i would say that in 98 % i have a nice view

I would add to the above tips to put your Galaxy in airplane mode. I have also switched the camera mode from video to photo and back to fix minor pixelation.

I've just crashed my MP and it was because of this issue do. I have any recourse with DJI if so do you know what the process is .. Other than emailing them

I've just crashed my MP and it was because of this issue do. I have any recourse with DJI if so do you know what the process is .. Other than emailing them
You can get them on customer support chat. Open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time

Its only 2:47pm in London, they are still open. For online chat go to:

DJI Support - Here for You

For phone support:
  • UNITED KINGDOM

+44 2076603037

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0).
BTW, I usually get them on phone and computer chat at the same time and see who answers first lol

Last edited:
Change your phone. I had this problem.with my brand new mavic also. I tried downgrading the app but that did not help

Its only 2:47pm in London, they are still open. For online chat go to:

DJI Support - Here for You

For phone support:
  • UNITED KINGDOM

+44 2076603037

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0).
BTW, I usually get them on phone and computer chat at the same time and see who answers first lol
Well that was a trial... 2 days after being told I should send it back for evaluation. They email back saying I can't send it t them because it was bought abroad

@Joanne Can you tell me where you bought it? You mentioned that you live in the UK. Yes thats a problem with buying a DJI product outside of your own domicile, you have to send it back to that domicile to get it repaired.

If youre in the UK, there is always Spark Angels.I have never dealt with them, but they get good reviews:

UK Drone repair?

@Joanne Can you tell me where you bought it? You mentioned that you live in the UK. Yes thats a problem with buying a DJI product outside of your own domicile, you have to send it back to that domicile to get it repaired.

If youre in the UK, there is always Spark Angels.I have never dealt with them, but they get good reviews:

UK Drone repair?

Spark Angels are not currently doing Drone repairs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s